Wednesday, June 16, 2010

God Gave Me A Clothesline

Hanging fresh laundry in the great outdoors is not a chore, but an opportunity. A chance to slow down to appreciate.  A time to take notice. An insight of how things were done before today's complications have interrupted our sanity. Just sometimes....we need to hang wet, clean clothes onto a line so our spirit may soar and shine.


I'm a gal who has wanted a clothesline out here in the country for years now. I won't say how many years and I won't go into why I don't have one. Not important. What is important is that now I have one. Well, kind of.

It started the other day when the dryer quit. Dead. It is older than the hills, after all. How long can I expect it to be loyal day in and day out? I wasn't even upset with its refusal to give it a go one more time. The problem was, I had a basket of wet laundry sitting at my feet needing my attention. Okay, I am a make do type of personality. Do what you can and use what you have. 


I went into my craft room and found a nice long, clean rope and oodles of clothespins. I went outside and found two perfect trees that would allow me to string up two lines to accommodate one whole load of wash. You may think I'm a dork, but I was excited at the thought of having clothes smell of our great country air.

I grabbed my freshly washed laundry and started the simplistic ritual of hanging my clothes. And my first thought was "God gave me a clothesline'. It was not a day that my dryer died, but a day that I was given and had asked for. I was happy.


And now I must finish this post cause you guessed it...I must go hang the laundry. I am going to slow down to appreciate, take some time to notice, and gain back some sanity.

My wish is the same for you and I hope God gives you a clothesline in your life. 

 
Photobucket

12 Blessed Comments:

LV June 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

We sometimes take the luxury things for granted until they brake. This is the only way I knew how to dry cloths for years. Cloths smell so clean and fresh.

Sue June 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Your post brought back memories for me. I remember as a kid having to bring in the laundry off the clothesline. I hated it, would pull the clothes down, usually messing up the clothes pins. But seeing your pictures reminded me how fresh the clothes would smell, and how warm they felt hanging out in the sun all day! Thanks for the memories.
Take care, Sue

Maureen June 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

Congratulations! I looooove my clothesline. Nothing like bedding fresh from the clothesline.

Necessity really is the mother of invention! Kind makes you wonder what took so long?

Sandy aka Doris the Great June 16, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

I love hanging my clothes out to dry in the summer. Welcome to the "green" club!

gayle June 16, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

I am impressed that you were able to put it up by yourself!! I had one ....can't remember what happened to it.

Farmgirl Cyn June 16, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Ooohhh! If those are sheets on the line you are gonna sleep good tonight!

Creations By Cindy June 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

I love this post and what sweet memories it gave me of my grandmother! She actually enjoyed hanging out her clothes on a clothes line and I can remember when she got a clothes dryer saying....this thing don't make my clothes smell good like the fresh air God gives us. Thanks for the reminder of mere Simplicity! Be blessed. Cindy

My Grama's Soul June 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

Boy oh Boy......did I every enjoy this post of yours!!!
Everyone deserves a clothes line in their life!!

Hugs,

Jo

MyJourneyBack June 22, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

Oh I loved this post. Brings back memories when I was a kid we hung out our laundry. I love seeing laundry hanging. Can I borrow your 1st photo? I see a Wordfilled Wednesday post using it. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Erin June 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM  

I love, love, love my clothesline. Don't get me wrong, I love my dryer, too, but I consider this to be "clothesline season" and I love it. Glad to know you figured out a way to have one, too.

Lisa @ Another Day Today June 28, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

We put up a clothesline about a month ago. I love it!

Our electricity bill went down about $15 (10% of our average bill). I love to look outside and see them swaying in the breeze.

Patrina's Pencil August 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

I remember hanging clothes when I was a kid. I hate dryers. I don't use them - I hang everything up on hangers ans allow to dry that way. But sheets and towels and wash clothes are hard because of lack of room - so I do dry them.

But GOD -

He also gave me a clothes line this summer! I'm 24/7 caregiver for my 84 year old father - he had a debilitating stroke this spring which left him in a wheel chair for the moment. The VA built him a modular (aluminum) ramp in the garage. I now have 2 sides of a railing 10' long and 2 sides of a 3' platform to hang my clothes! It is so hot here in AR. they are dry in less than a couple hours - even towels! The sun don't shine on them - but they aren't hanging in my house until dry.

So, Yes, God did give me a clothes line too - this summer!

What a cute post. thanks for sharing. I love your love of gardening and outdoors. I've an outside person too. Love gardening!

God bless
Patrina <")>><

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP