Monday, May 17, 2010

What A Colorful Bunch!


Meet the inhabitants of Tiny Town Theater. They have lead a useful and productive life with me in the past as we entertained many company functions, church groups, and a variety of banquets. But that was in the good old days.

For years now, they have all sat quietly stored away. And that is a shame. Everybody and everything needs a purpose. And by fate, it all fell into place for these character puppets who have brought so much joy.

I was cleaning the basement when I came upon their box and immediately thought of my sister. She is very involved with the youth at her church and I thought there might be a need.

Well within two hours of that initial thought, my sister called me and asked me if I still had those puppets. God works that way sometimes.

So the plan for all my fabric friends is for them to hop a plane to Honduras to take part in a youth ministry program there. They are ready to serve their new purpose and to have exciting adventures in a different country.

Gee...I hope they write me once in awhile.
Okay, I need no comments on that statement.

Photobucket

7 Blessed Comments:

ClassyChassy May 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

That is so COOL! Nice to hear how you thought the idea, and then got a call! An exciting new adventure for your puppet friends!!!

Andrea May 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

What a beautiful purpose HE has for them....WOW! I love how HE works!!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Chatty Crone May 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

That is what I call a God Wink. The ripple effect of what you have done - will just keep on going - sandie

Maureen May 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Oh I love when that happens! A God wink. Does you sister live in Honduras? Are there other things they need?

P.S. I don't know if you've ever heard of the book series "When God Winks" by Squire Rushnell. I think I may have one of them still. If you like I can send it to you.

cindy May 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Isn't it reassuring when you see God working in your life, no matter how small or big.

First time to your site and I've joined.

Linda May 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

What a wonderful story! So nice they are going to such a great new home!

rose May 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

I think this a great idea. Maybe, you'll hear back how the puppet's preformed. New follower. Have a good day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP