Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Asked...

I posted a lovely spring picture in my post yesterday and I had a few comments that inquired if I took that picture myself. I have to admit that I did not. I wish I was that good at photography. I try. The picture from yesterday is one of the many photos I have in my clip art that came with my Publisher program. So how can you tell for sure if a picture is mine or not? I tag mine with 'Lakewood' right on the picture.
  

And did you know that I use a camera that is broken? My fault...I broke it. I was at the top of the basement stairs and dropped it. Dropped my camera. Then as if in slow motion, I watched it bounce on the carpeted steps over and over again until it hit the concrete basement floor. Hard.


In horror, I watched it come to life all on its own. It started making noises, the flash was going on and off, and the lens was going in and out as if I was zooming in on an object. After it calmed down, I thought for sure my camera would never work again.


But aside from a cracked LCD screen, my little EasyShare appeared to survive the accident.

Now it does become a little temperamental at times, sometimes a little cranky, and is a bit slower here and there...kind of like me. We understand each other perfectly.

You had to ask...

Photobucket

14 Blessed Comments:

Chatty Crone April 14, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Well, I relate the camera to old age - a little used and broken up - but still out there cranking!

sandie♥

Creations By Cindy April 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

Beautiful photos! Be blessed. Cindy

ClassyChassy April 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Guess I got the answer to MY question!!! Happy Spring!

Patti April 14, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

I have a camera like that....I have dropped 4 digital cameras over the years - 3 died instantly, but this last one is hanging in there!

LV April 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

What ever you used your shots are truly beautiful.

Maureen April 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Talk about an "Ohhhhh nooooo!" moment. It's still doing a nice job though! Nice pics.

~~Carol~~ April 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

I can't tell you how many times I've dropped my camera, and I always think that this time it's a goner, but thankfully it comes back to life every time!
Well, the photos that YOU took are just as lovely as the one you shared yesterday!

Sandra April 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Very pretty photo's...I have been trying to catch the desert in bloom...you reminded me to take some more photo's today!

Jodie (everything vintage) April 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

ok girl...I'm not laughing AT you...I'm laughing because you are so funny in telling the story of how your camera broke and now you two get along just fine...you are so funny!

Thank you for leaving such an awesome comment regarding the post I wrote for blog newbies. You were certainly one to back up the idea of thinking of a title that will follow you until death ;)
I hope you don't have "plantsomeroots" tattoed anywhere...do you? tee hee!

Have a wonderful weekend and oh...YES, your photos are always gorgeous indeed!!! silly you!

My Grama's Soul April 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

Everything is finally blooming......ain't it grand!!!

Blessings,

Jo

The imPerfect Housewife April 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

I've been out of the loop so long I haven't seen your new blog header or anything - LOVE ITTTTT!! Your pictures are beautiful by the way ~ of course. I hope you and your camera enjoy a long and full life together - it sounds like you get along wonderfully! ha ha ♥

Life is good! April 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

well your photos are just beautiful, broken camera or not!

Writing Without Periods! April 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Ah, the flowers are beautiful. Thanks...I need them because I live in the desert.
Mary

My Grama's Soul April 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Hey friend....thanks for stopping by. You asked about my mirror. I think it is old piece. I believe it was the top to an old vanity/dresser, but I could be wrong.

Jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP