Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Old Time Pickers

Meet Frank and Ina Mae. My family. My history. My heritage.


Aren't they adorable? I just love this photo of them.


Now meet the persona of our new Etsy shop.



Frank and Ina Mae have inspired us to dig, rummage, and scrounge...get our hands a little dirty to find cool industrial vintage with plenty of rust and crust to make ya feel right at home with items that have a story to tell!

Lovin' It & Livin' It!!!
Rust, Crust, and All!!!

Are you curious yet? Here is a preview of some of our items from a previous post in case you missed it.

Now I already have an Etsy shop. Shop At Lakewood is for all my finds that have a vintage flair and have some country charm. I did not intentionally set out to open Old Time Pickers. It happened naturally. It evolved all on its own.

It started when Tool Man (hubby) and I were at an auction about a month ago. I started to bid on a pile which I normally wouldn't. Some would say it was junk and Tool Man asked why I wanted it. That small pile had some weathered wood in it...a small beat up bench...I had to have it...I wanted it to sell in my shop...then I decided I wanted it for myself...you know how that goes!

So for the best explanation and to help Tool Man understand I was not alone in my desire for this so called junk, I introduced him to Etsy and opened a whole new world for him. His previous hobby has centered strictly around old tools. Now he has discovered that industrial vintage is cool. Rust and crust is popular. Pieces with history are to be cherished.

Now there is no stopping either one of us. We are having the time of our lives! Old Time Pickers is just what we needed! Our shop will open soon and we feel very blessed to stumble upon a passion to share and pass on to others!   
Photobucket

13 Blessed Comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com April 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

LOVE the photo! What a fun adventure this will be for you. Can't wait to hear all about it.
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Creations By Cindy April 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Love the old picture! Be blessed. Cindy

Linda April 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Hi Cindy- so glad you stopped by and followed my blog so I could find yours, too! I've just loved reading your blog and all about your rust and crust finds! I've already favorited your new shop on etsy! Love your sweet pets, too...think you are a kindred spirit! Looking forward to reading more!

ClassyChassy April 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Hey - big fun!!! Love the photo and the banner on your new shop too - waiting to see your listings!

Maureen April 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

What a cool pic for your header! I'll bet you and Tool Man will do really well. I can't wait to see your new shop.

Nezzy April 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Frank and Ina Mae, the names so suit the picture. What fun.

I sounds like you and Tool Man are havin' a blast and a half! Woohoo, that's what it's about baby!

God bless ya'll from the happy hills and hollers of the Ozarks Ponderosa!!!

Becky April 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Love the pic of Frank and Ina Mae. Love the new blog look. Love the new store idea!

pk @ Room Remix April 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

There's nothing like being able to be creative and do what you love! All the best in your venture.

Jane April 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

What a great adventure to share with your husband!!
I love the name, I love the picture of Frank and Ina Mae, I love the idea of your new etsy shop!
This sounds like so much fun and I wish you great success.
Jane

gayle April 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Love the picture!! Your new shop sounds exciting!1

junkdreams April 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Love ALL your vintage finds, and love your blog!! Happy vintage thursday!
xojanis

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP