Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Picks

I received a tip from someone on where to find some 'good old things'. I consider myself a picker and find my treasures when and where I can, but this was a first for me. Someone was pointing me in the right direction, helping me out. So this past weekend Tool Man and I became official. Yep, we are not fooling around anymore and considering this a hobby...this is now our business!


You can read about our announcement here.

And that wonderful tip led to these amazing finds.

 

I had posted about our cool vintage finds full of rust and crust here.

Today, I would like to share some of my other finds.  
Old keys and locks...do I keep them or sell them?


Time pieces...so nice to display or should I craft to my heart's content?

And question of day...does anyone know what these pieces are below?
Yes, I bought them without knowing what they are...but they are so cool!


I love my aqua and a vendor gave these dishes to me...yes, he did!


Weathered wood and rust...this will be for sale in our new shop, for sure.


This little white dish is cute...even looks better in contrast to the weathered wood. Maybe it needs a little nest and bird. We'll see!



Come and see our shop when we open...we have other treasures just waiting for the perfect home.

I am linking up to Leigh and Suzanne and their blog parties.
It has been ages since I've done so! 
Lots of vintage and thrifty finds to drool over.
Go see what the fuss is all about!

Tales From Bloggeritaville-Thrifty Thursday

Coloradolady-Vintage Thingie Thursday

Photobucket

18 Blessed Comments:

Andrea April 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Some awesome treasures!!

Jane April 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

All such great stuff! I love the clock faces and think you should put those in your store so I can buy them :-)
I love the box with the rusty dividers too...oh and of course I love the locks and keys (OK...I love it all)
You have a great eye for picking.
Jane

Vonlipi April 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

What a wonderful bunch of cool old stuff! Happy VTT and good luck with your shop!

Creations By Cindy April 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Wonderful finds! I love the clock faces and pretty dishes. Be blessed. cindy

LV April 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

You have an eye for old and vintage things. I think it is great you and other half enjoy doing this together. Wish you success in your new venture.

Lindy MacDuff April 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Cool treasures! Good luck in your new venture!

Maureen April 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

A new picking source! You must have been like a kid in a candy shop! It looks like it was a good one too.

My first thought on the metal doodads was inkwell parts but then I thought maybe the base and stopper for old perfume bottles?? Dunno.

Molly @ A Bit O' Shine April 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

What FANTASTIC goodies! All my favorites - weathered wood, old keys, rusty things and aqua and white.

Mimi April 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

Wow! I love those aqua bowls! The clock faces are pretty cool, too.

CC April 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

I so love that first picture. My son has a printers box almsot like the one you've shown. I've tried for ages to talk him out of it to put some of my miniatures in..but no go.
And those Dr Pepper and Rc cartons..,
well,if I had kept all of them that came through my grocery store through the years,I would be a rich woman. The delivery people always made a fuss when they had to pick up a lot..it makes me laugh now when I see one,thinking back to all that time.
I just love all your treasures..and I wish you great success with your business.
Happy VTT.have a great weekend.

Coloradolady April 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Oh, I love the blue too, so pretty. I just purchased a blue bowl this week and am really enjoying it! This is a great haul of vintage things today!! Have a great VTT!

Rockin Momma April 8, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

I'm a new Follower From Thrifty Thursday Link Party! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1398 and sign up for my newest giveaway!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home April 8, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Looks like you found all kinds of wonderful treasures. I love the clock faces.

Susie~From My Home To Yours April 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Looks like good pickins to me! So glad you stopped by my blog and thanks for following me...If you follow me...I'll follow you! Good luck with your store...CYA 'round.
Blessings,
Susie

Linda April 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Great finds...my favorites are the clock/watch faces!

Rosie@Journey to Charm April 8, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Love those aqua dishes! I would keep the locks and keys. You're really rich in treasures now. You got the pickin hobby down great.

Happy Cottage Quilter April 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Wow love the aqua dishes. Great treasures!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

GARAGE SALE GAL April 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

WOW...Love old crates and I need to find me a "Picker"!!!
The keys are a keeper, unless you have too many LOL..
Warmly,
Deb :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP