Monday, April 5, 2010

Looking For Rust and Crust

Today was spent getting down and dirty looking for unique pieces filled with rust and crust. When an ordinary piece has rust and/or crust...it becomes extraordinary. It has a story...a slice of history.


Tool Man accompanied me on this jaunt and we were not disappointed. A little dirty, yes, but happy all the same. Upon arriving at our stop, these wonderful wooden crates (above) greeted us. They came home with us...all ten of them.


Then some industrial metal and touches of  blue glass called our names.


Old lunch boxes, cookie cutters, and benches...oh my!


And this is some of what we brought home. What fun! 
All these items will soon be for sale in our new shop.
Details coming soon!

Photobucket

17 Blessed Comments:

Maureen April 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

What a tease! Good pickin's today girlfriend! I can't wait to see your new shop.

ClassyChassy April 5, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

Looks like fun!!! Cool stuff!

LV April 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

You must have found a really good junk yard. I never saw so many interesting things. With a little tender care you will have some neat things.

Kathy April 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Great stuff!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Jane April 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

I absolutely love all of your rusty, crusty finds!! I'm looking forward to hearing about the new shop!
Jane

Farmgirl Cyn April 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Love it all...but especially the blue glass. I have some out on my deck with sand in the bottom and a tea light candle nestled in there. So cozy on a summer night!

Maya April 6, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

Oh, I think I spotted an old type setting tray..., ever since I posted them (and how people use them for shells), I see them here and there appear on blogs. Such great finds!

www.MaisonStGermain.com April 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Oooh I love that rusty blue cubby! That is a great pile of treasures:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Creations By Cindy April 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Love this stuff. My hubby REALLY loves this stuff. Thanks for visiting my blog Cindy. What a blessing to meet another Cindy that is also a sister in Christ. Be blessed. Cindy

Tina Lane April 6, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

I found you on the Lady Bloggers Society Tea Party and had to stop by. I have recently walked away from corporate america to start a new life myself.

PS Your life sounds pretty wonderful to me.

Becky April 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Wow! What a haul! Can't wait to see 'em in your shop. I know I want a soda bottle crate.

Autumn April 6, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

I'm lovin' me some rust!!!! Love your stuff!!!

gayle April 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Looks like you found looks of great things!!

Sandra April 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

What wonderful finds...love the pop crates...I just dug two of them out of my storage shed to use in my decorating again. Not sure what I will do with them...what are you going to do with yours?

My Grama's Soul April 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Looks like you had a good time junkin'.

Blessings,

Jo

Ashleigh April 7, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

I love it! I have 2 wooden pop crakes, a coke one and a pepsi one and I have tons of blue mason jars, I just love them...you've got some great treasures there...

Anne - Fiona and Twig April 7, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

Great haul!
You picked up all the fab junk I would've grabbed. Good thing I wasn't there, there might've been some hair pullin' right? ;-)

Anne

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP