Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Little Milk Stool that Almost Wasn't

See this little milk stool?


It just had its debut and was featured on the front page of Etsy this morning!


Some of you know that we recently opened Old Time Pickers as an online country store.
It's all about Rust & Crust & Weathered & Worn!
We are loving it and had just started listing items this past Friday.

I almost did not get this milk stool. It wasn't from a lack of trying. It was from an abundance of confusion. This stool came from an estate auction. All the items were out on the lawn for inspection and I always arrive early enough to give myself some time to determine my strategy. Auctions can get crazy and you really need to stay on top of things. So I thought I was ready.  

But late in the day, near the end, when I started to become tired, they pulled out this milk stool out of nowhere. I'm not kidding! And the bidding began. Wait, I want that! Well, I jumped in and then quickly lost the bid. Or so I thought.

I was turning to walk away when everyone was trying to get my attention. I turned back to the crowd and everyone was staring at me. My response was..."What?" (I said I was getting tired.) The auctioneer asked me if I wanted it or not?

Me-"I didn't win it."
Other lady-"I thought you had the last bid."
Me-"Well, I thought you did."
Other lady-" Hmmm...what was your last bid?'

That is when the auctioneer interrupted our polite conversation and determined that  
I did win the bid. So this cute little stool came home with me.

As I said, auctions can get crazy. But they are always fun!


Photobucket

18 Blessed Comments:

Rebecca April 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Oh my gosh...that same thing happened to me with vintage books. I started to walk away and everyone started yelling!

Happy you won! The stool is too sweet!

xoRebecca

Andrea April 20, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Awesome stool.
Blessings,
andrea

Maureen April 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Oh Cindy your new shop is great! Good luck to your and your hubby.

Farmgirl Cyn April 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

The hardest part about finding cool stuff like this sweet milk stool is THE GIVING UP OF SAID STOOL!!!! If I found something this awesome, it would just have to come home with me and stay there!

Creations By Cindy April 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Cute stool. Be blessed. Cindy

Ann On and On... April 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

That's so funny...and a great outcome!

I'm part of the "Welcome Wagon" at SITS. We want to make sure you know how important you are to us. Thanks for joining. Welcome to the "SITSerhood". I'm hosting a giveaway a day this week. Come on over!!!

Chatty Crone April 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

Good luck to you Cindy. Sandie

Anne - Fiona and Twig April 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

That stool is seriously fabulous!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Mary Ellen April 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

What a darlin stool and great story! I have never had that happen to me yet at an auction. They certainly are fun!

ClassyChassy April 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Darling stool - you sure got the winning bid! Love it!

Mimi April 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

I have been to a few confusing auctions in my life, too! Sometimes they are too fast paced for me, especially if I have something other than the auction on my mind.
Darling little stool and glad that you got it.

Linda April 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

I love the stool and it's so awesome you made the front page of etsy!

Debra@Common Ground April 21, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

Really sweet, glad it came home with you!

Becky April 21, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

Too funny! I've been that tired before too.

Love the new shop. I even convo-ed you about something.

www.MaisonStGermain.com April 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

That happens all the time at the auction I go to. Or the auctioneer will just assume I said yes, when I didn't and the price goes up. I guess it is all in our business:) Have a great week:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Maggie B April 21, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

What a great story, glad you got it in the end, it's wonderful.
~Maggie~

Just One Week April 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

The front page of Etsy!! So exciting - congratulations!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS! :)

Lauren April 23, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

oh....I love this stool!! and congrats on the front page of ETSY!!! I only wish I could get there.


Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP