Monday, April 12, 2010

Got Milk?!?

Weekends are for enjoyment from the regular old grind of things, to have fun, and to be with family. Tool Man and I did just that this gorgeous weekend. We spent time together out and about doing what we enjoy.

  
So where did we go? Digging through piles of what some would call junk. We pick and then we pick some more. We don't care if it is at an auction, a flea market, or a curbside. It is all about the piece, its history, and its story.


After two days of picking, we realized we had a theme going on...Got Milk. On Saturday, I picked up this cute little milk stool at an auction. When we arrived home and unpacked an auction box, we discovered a small milk bottle. And the next day, we came across some milk crates. But unfortunately, we have no cow. Yet! 

Even though it is very tempting to keep all of these special finds...we will be handing them over to Frank and Ina Mae at Old Time Pickers. After all...this is a family affair.

Anyone else got milk?!?

Photobucket

8 Blessed Comments:

Chatty Crone April 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

I'm home - thanks for your blessings on my trip.

So tell me does a brown cow give chocolate milk? lol That is the extent of my knowledge on cows.

Looks like you'll be learning about cows soon yourself. Nice.

sandie

Creations By Cindy April 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Glad you and hubby had a great weekend. Don't ya just love the old milk bottle though? Be blessed. Cindy

My Grama's Soul April 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

I so....love it that you guy go pickin' thru junk. It is the best.

Blessings,

Jo

Farmgirl Cyn April 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

WISH we had room for a cow! When my ship comes in I am getting a milk share from a farm about 15 min from here....can't wait!

Jane April 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

I love that little stool. You guys uncovered some great stuff while out pickin. Sounds like it was a fun weekend.
Jane

Maureen April 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Great finds! Funny, I just missed out on a milking stool last week. I was on the fence about whether to keep it or sell it so the choice was made for me. Boohoo!

Linda April 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Sounds like the best kind of weekend!

Becky April 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

I love the little stool. Bet it could tell some stories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP