Thursday, April 1, 2010

Count Your Blessings


With the renewal and hope that spring brings each year, I decided it was time again to begin my appreciation walks. These early morning walks were originally for exercise, but took an interesting twist as it began a time for reflection and connection. Taking in my surroundings, I realize how fortunate I truly am.


I experience the mist over the lake...the ducks taking an early swim...the sun rising over the trees...the moon still lingering in the sky...the birds singing above my head...the flowers bursting with blossoms...and so much more that I can only be thankful for it all.


As I returned home, I wondered what everyone else is thankful for. I then thought this may be a perfect share time. Please let me know your thoughts about a once a month McLinkey titled 'Count Your Blessings'. It could be held the first of each month. No sharing of things, projects, or latest finds...just a true appreciation of nature, family, friends, faith, etc.

So what do you think? I appreciate all thoughts and opinions. And please share your blessings in your comment.

Photobucket

12 Blessed Comments:

ClassyChassy April 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Your idea might be fun! Loved your photos today - refreshing! No flowers here yet - too early and too cold - but, it's warming up finally!

Lindy MacDuff April 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I like your blog's new look. =) Your flowers are gorgeous. We have a few here but not as many as you.

"Count your Blessings" sounds like a good idea. I say, give it a shot.

Patti April 1, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

Just love your photos - Forsythia screams SPRING to me - I love them

Andrea April 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

Counting my blessings and waiting on the tulips to burst forth in our flower beds.
Hugs,
andrea

Lisa @ Another Day Today April 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

The flowers are beautiful!

I'm blessed with a wonderful family, a home I love, and my health.

And of course my blog family - I look forward to everyone's visits and comments :) There's nothing like a sweet comment on a bad day.

Maureen April 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Love this post Cindy. It sounds like you live in a really nice area. I would surely feel blessed to live on a lake with wildlife all around. Right now I feel blessed that birds are becoming abundant and I can watch and listen to them.

Count me in if you do a monthly post.

Bonnie April 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Those flowers are gorgeous. I really like your idea about "Count your Blessings". We all have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes we just need to slow down to see it.

Becky April 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Hey, glad you are back! Computer woes fixed I hope.

So glad you snapped your forsythias. Very gorgeous!

Lisa April 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Wow! You are professional when it comes to photos! I love your post. We think alike :)

Chatty Crone April 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I love seeing your beautiful pictures. The meme sounds good.

Sandie

June April 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

Cindy it's a lovely idea. I am just always so thankful for my blessings. Your pictures of the forsythia are so beautiful.
hugs

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) April 2, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

Hi Cindy,
Love your new header and look! I think my post today would have fit in, great idea and pics~
Happy Easter friend,
Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP