Friday, April 30, 2010

Count Your Blessings #1

It's time for our first 'Count Your Blessings' meme!

What really is a blessing? For me, it is a gift. It is a gift that is noticed and is appreciated. It is about being in touch...being connected. 

Blessings come in many shapes and sizes.  Some are ordinary. Others are extraordinary. It is all about us taking the time to receive them.

 
I must share my choice in the button for this meme. I will admit that I originally was looking for something spiritual. After looking through a few photos, I realized that a lot of us are always looking for answers when the most meaningful moments and answers are right before us. We just need to take the time to experience them.

That is when I came across this scene of two chairs by a body of water. I felt a sense of peace and serenity. To me, it represents reflection and sharing. Perfect for what we are trying to accomplish with 'Count Your Blessings'. 

So what is my blessing that I wish to share with you today? It resembles the meme button above...I have the opportunity to admire and be amazed by God's work in nature on a daily basis...


I'm sitting here on the ground taking in every magnificent color, feeling the blades of grass upon my skin, hearing the birds in the tree above me, and smelling the fresh, warm air of spring.



For me, it's all about reflection, peace, and serenity. I am truly blessed. For this, I am thankful.


Now it is your turn...how do you feel blessed? 

Photobucket

GUIDELINES FOR 'COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS':

-You may join in the first of every month to share the blessings in your life. The meme will stay open for a few days to give you more opportunity to share.

-This is not to share our latest craft, thrifty purchase, or remodel project. Just a sharing of our blessings, an appreciation of life and what it has to offer. A time to push our problems aside. A reason to reflect what is good. A way to possibly give hope to others who need to hear something inspirational in their time of need.

-Use the LinkyTool below to link up you blessing post. In the URL line, insert your blog post url, not your blog address. To do so, right click on the title of your blessing post, click copy shortcut, then paste it here.

-Please add the 'Count Your Blessings' button found in the right sidebar to your blog post or do a link back to this meme in your post.

-Take the time to share and be inspired by other participants by visiting them and leaving comments. 

Thank You For Sharing...Country Blessings To All!



7 Blessed Comments:

Maureen May 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

I love your choice for the button. So serene. It's perfect.

How lucky are you to live on the water! That would be the icing on the cake for me. I would feel truly blessed.

I plan on joining in but right now the great outdoors is calling so I will post later on.

P.S. I will be posting on my garden blog tomorrow or Sunday. You will be surprised to see pictures that I took that are very similar to one of yours.

Chatty Crone May 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Cindy - this is a great idea for a blog - it is always good to county our blessings. Will you send out a reminder note next time - since it is just once a month?

Sandie

GARAGE SALE GAL May 1, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

For my first blessing...My hubby who truly loves ME! He is a blessing.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Chatty Crone May 1, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

Okay I got into country music the same way - Keith Urban - Making Memories of Us! He's so cute. lol.

sandie
skcz at comcast dot net
do you have an email to share?

Lindy MacDuff May 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Beautiful post! God's blessings are all around us - all we have to do is open our eyes, drink it in, and thank our Lord.

The Tattered Cottage May 2, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Hi Cindy -
What a great idea, it's good for everyone to slow, take a moment and reflect on our blessings. For me, it's hands down, my 3 sons. After several surgeries and being told I had a 10% chance to have children. God blessed me with 3 beautiful sons :)
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Toni

Merana Leigh May 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

What a wonderful blog - so full of hope & love! I would like to join in here in saying my greatest blessing is my salvation, then my children & that they are saved! Next, I will have to say that I count being called by the Lord to start my blog within the past several weeks a truly wonderful blessing. I'm anxious to see what He has in store for what He's put on my heart to share.

I would love to count you a friend and have you follow my blog. Please stop over and rest there awhile, as I do the same here in your neck of the woods.

Thank you for a lovely place to take Him in ~ Merana

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP