Thursday, March 4, 2010

You Can If You Want To

Have you ever been enjoying the moment...just doing your own thing...and look up to see that all eyes are upon you...pictures are being taken...and you have become the entertainment for the evening? Have ya ever?


It happened to me and it was a defining moment. An ah-hah! And geez, it's good to be me not matter what anyone says. Do you ever yearn for that free spirit to burst forth so you will never have to say ' I wish I would have...'?

Well my free spirit took over one evening when the neighbors threw themselves an anniversary party. Of course it was held outdoors since we're in the country. The summer air was just right. Tables and chairs were spread across the lawn. Food and drinks filled the tables within the garage. People of all ages milled about laughing and just plain catching up while music played softly in the background.


Then it happened. I heard Cotton Eye Joe. Cotton Eye Joe is not a neighbor. It's a song. A country song. A kick up your country boots and have a stompin' good time. I have to dance when I hear it. My feet started moving so they turned up the music for me. It's a good thing to become lost in the moment, within the beat, and to just enjoy. And I soon discovered that I was dancing all by myself. No one joined in on the fun. They watched from the sidelines while I had a good time.


The next day my neighbor said 'I never knew you could dance.' Yes, I know how to dance. But it doesn't matter if you know how to dance or not. It matters that you just dance. I hope you dance...


Photobucket

18 Blessed Comments:

ClassyChassy March 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Cool! You reminded me how much I like that song!!! Have a HAPPY DAY!

Michelle March 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Sounds like tons of fun! Might have been even more fun if everybody had joined in.

Stopping by from SITS!

Patti March 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Cute post...feels good to let loose now and then doesn't it? Dance away....

Maureen March 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Good for you! When I was younger I was such a wallflower and so shy. Now, thankfully, not at all.

I love the song 'I Hope You Dance' by Lee Ann Womack.

P.S. Any developments in your plans?

::cottage instincts:: March 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

That is just awesome....Love this post.

Did you know, btw, that our name (Cindy) means 'light'? I think you do a fabulous job living up to your name....you bring light to your readers thru encouragement. Thanks for that...

Unknown Mami March 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

That was lovely. I have been in similar situations with different songs. I am happy to say that if I want to dance, I get up and dance. Letting yourself have fun, gives others permission to do the same.

Thank you for visiting on my SITs day!

Jane March 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

I can just picture you kicking up your heels!! I probably would have been right there with you.
Jane

Sandra March 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Country music makes you want to get up and dance doesn't it. Hope spring is on the way at your home.

Becky March 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Cindy, I love your attitude!



Thanks for all your sweet comments on my bloggie. When you have a minute e-mail me please? I want to answer your words. :-)

beckysews [at] hotmail [dot] com

Rebecca March 4, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

Cindy...

I can't dance.

I am terrible at it.

But I try.

I do sing though...and if Cotton Eyed Joe started playing at a party I was at I'd have grabbed a mike and SUNG ALONG!

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you girl. My kinda gal!

xoRebecca

Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife March 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Hi there, just stopping by from SITS to say hello. Wonderful post!

I have a black cat too, I noticed the picture on your sidebar :-)

have a great day!

Martha March 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

I would have gotten up and danced with you, I love Cotton Eyed Joe!

My Grama's Soul March 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Love, love, love your post today. All of us should always be ready to put on our dancin' shoes!

Blessings,

Jo

Ma What's 4 dinner March 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

Oh, I love that song...and it takes me back to some really "good ol' days" when I didn't have a care in the world. Thanks for making me smile.

Stopping by from SITS...
Happy Saturday Sharefest
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Toni March 6, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

A great blog with great pics!

Stoppin' by from SITS!

Hope you check out my latest Zoodles review and giveaway:
http://tinyurl.com/ybgrdg9

Writing Without Periods! March 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

I love that pic of your grandmother on the left side of your blog. Was she a model? Great blog.
Mary

Linda,  March 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Good Morning Stopping by from SITS. This is a great post to start out the week. Made me dust off my boots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP