Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Classic Country Dream

I would love to have this...


And spend my time doing this...


And even some of this!


This is a moment where I do have a few regrets. Nothing major, It's just that my life took me down that career path which I really thought would bring me satisfaction and all it did was leave emptiness. I now wonder why I stayed with it so long trying to make it all work.  The suits, the networking, the meetings, the sales....pppfffttt!!!

I was always wrestling and struggling with who I was between that 'foreign' world and my true self which seemed to be slipping away. And I was always amazed at how others saw me. They saw a professional, not a down-home gal who liked to wear denim and live her classic country dream.
  
I knew it was all out of control when business friends and associates would actually laugh when my words would bubble up and over for what I was truly passionate about. At those moments, I discovered that I had abandoned my country roots. And I wondered what they, those business associates, had abandoned in their lives.


I didn't want to sit in meetings. I wanted to sit in the grass.
I didn't want to network with others. I wanted go for a hike in the great outdoors.
I didn't want to do paperwork. I wanted to sketch out my garden.
I didn't want to wear suits. I wanted to throw on a pair of jeans. 
I didn't want an empty career. I wanted to live my classic country dream.

So I've decided no more regrets. Time to stop looking down and start holding my head up. It's never too late. Everything I have previously done was not a waste of time. It was necessary. It has lead me to a true appreciation of what is important. So I plan to live my dream. How about you? 


Photobucket

12 Blessed Comments:

Andrea March 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Cindy,
I love this...."hold your head up." Live your dream proudly, my friend! You have found peace...no more emptiness. I, too love the joy of a walk in the woods...sitting by a pond, river, or lake. GOD speaks to me most clearly when I am in the midst of HIS creation. I am most contented and satisfied in the simple....!!
Hugs, andrea

PS: I "love" the barn picture!

Chatty Crone March 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Cindy, did you give up your job and move into the country? Guess I don't know the whole story.
I do know some of us are still looking for what we want to do.
And yes your job probably helped you find what you did and didn't want to do - it was necessary! Glad you have found your essence.
sandie

Sandy aka Doris the Great March 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

My one regret is that I didn't pursue my mom's wish that I become a teacher. (It was also a dream of mine as a child.) Because what this means now is that I don't have a good income and I don't have a pension plan and I don't have my summers off and I can't retire early. And yes, I too would like to do these things so that I could spend more time in the garden or thinking about gardening or blogging about gardening.

However, my life is a fairly good one. I can indulge in gardening for a good amount of my time, and my life is full of joy and contentment.

LV March 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

You are headed down the right path on your journey for peace and satisfaction in your life. Our lives are what we make them.

Jamee March 10, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I absolutely love this post. I often find myself wondering the same things. Stopping by from SITS!

Patti March 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

And if you had lived the "country girl" life all these years you may have wondered the same thing at this point of life (I wish I had networked with corporate, got to dress as a professional, had a business mtg to go to.....). Time to count your blessings!!

Double Wide Mom March 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

I am totally with you. I also adore the barn! I don't have corporate job but i do have a longing...

Maureen March 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Life works that way sometimes. You have to do things you prefer not to, to find out what you really want.

P.S. You should be glad that you don't own that barn 'cuz you might find me knocking at your door. Haha! I've always had a thing for barns and that one is awesome.

Jo March 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Lovely post and I am appreciating the sentiment behind it. I am the opposite; after raising my kids, I am now trying to find out what my purpose is and what I want to be when I 'grow up' at 43 years young.

I just want to thank you for your lovely comments when you visited me on my SITS day last Friday.

I'm a new follower. :)

Peace and serenity,
~Jo
'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy'
*This week is MS Awareness Week' -- feel free to stop by to learn more and how you can help. ::HUGS::

Becky March 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Oh how I can relate! Nothing felt better than when I gave all my suits and dry clean only clothing to Good will some 20 + years ago. I still don't have the farm house in the country but we are getting there!

ClassyChassy March 10, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

All things come in their own season.....Be happy!

June March 10, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

What a beautiful post Cindy. Having my son with his disability saved my life, so to speak. It took me from a job I didn't like to a life at home in the country with him and the other children until they left to go out on their own. What an unexpected blessing. I hope all your dreams come true.
hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP