Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What a Country Gal Needs

I am a country gal. Plain and simple. Nothing fancy for me. So...

Do I need roses?


I prefer the sweet smell and simple beauty of daisies, thank you.

Do I need designer clothes?


Just allow me to thrift and I'll come up with an outfit that will knock your socks off. And it's one of a kind.

Do I need expensive chocolates?


Heck, pass me that bag of M&M's or better yet, I'll whip up a quick batch of my homemade brownies. A girl needs her chocolate.

Do I need the latest sounds from the music store?


Not really! I enjoy music that is inspirational, but some of my favorite tunes are by my backyard birds and our lakeside creatures. If you never heard peepers in the spring, you are missing a real treat.

Do I need a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant?


Oh come on, let me pack a few things in my basket and let's find the perfect spot outside to have a picnic. That's much better.

Do I need jewelry or expensive gifts?


Make me something from the heart. That is a gift I can truly remember and cherish.

Do I need a big, fancy house?


No and no again! It would never be a home to me. I need my house to reflect me and what I value.

Do I need to go on and on about being a country gal?
No, I'm a country gal, plain and simple...thank goodness!
I am blessed!!!

Photobucket

31 Blessed Comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com February 17, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Refreshingly wonderful!!!!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

~~Carol~~ February 17, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

I'm a country gal too, and I agree with you 100%! Give me the simple things in life, and I am happy!

Jane February 17, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Cindy,
A great post. It's a wonderful reminder of the simpler things in life. And I like simpler!
Jane

Polly February 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Great post Cindy! Country girls are simply the best!! :-)

Polly

Mimi February 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Beautiful post, Cindy! I do relish the simple life.

My Grama's Soul February 17, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Beautiful post today. I love it that you seem to have that special quality that admires simplicity in all things, yet they are still truly beautiful.

Blessings,

Jo

Chatty Crone February 17, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

Thank you so much for your award - I'll do my best, but back to you - could you have answered my question any better? what is something good that happened?

The wonderful things in your life don't have to be expensive or the best - you just love life and enjoy what you have - that IS a beautiful life!

COOL!

Love,
Sandie

Sara's Sweet Surprise February 17, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

This is my first visit...what a charming spot you have. It is so beautiful and welcoming.
It is the simple pleasures of life that bring the greatest joy.

We are usually under heavy rain clouds in the PNW, especially at this time of the year, but we've been showered with sunshine instead. It is truly an unexpected pleasure we've welcomed with open arms!

Come by for a visit your company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

LV February 17, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

You definitely are blessed. Nothing wrong with being a country girl. I am one as well. The simple things of life are fine with me.

Carolyn February 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Nice post! Simple things are the best.
Thank you for visiting me.
Carolyn

Maureen February 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

We're on the same page my friend. The exact same page.

Great post!

Sue February 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

Sounds like being a "country girl" is pretty nice. Of course when there is "snow", not a favorite of mine. But it sure does beat the "rat race", that is definately true. The weather is wonderful where I live, but the "rat race" runs full time here and puts a big damper on it! Great blog post.
Take care, Sue

June February 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Hoorah for us country gals! We are blessed indeed.
hugs

Anny February 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

What a sweet post :)

I love "I need my house to reflect me and what I value" because its so true.

Julie February 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

I have always known I was a country gal at heart. I'm definitely not a city girl. I am stuck in the suburbs but God gave us a corner lot with tons of trees and an empty lot beside us and we back up to a park, so we have been able to have chickens at one time, dogs,cats, gardens... and we see a bit of wildlife. Love to hear the owls going back and forth at night. Sometimes when they get worked up it sounds like Monkey Jungle out there. Sitting outside and listening to a Mockingbird at night makes one think there is a 24 bird symphony warming up in the trees. And of course seeing a Doe with two spotted twin fawns will make you inhale quickly. So everything you said...yeah...that's definitely a kindred spirit thing. I'm still dreamin' to get there one day....Lord willing. Keeping life uncomplicated is one treasure this girl cherishes on this journey down here. Thanks for a splendid visit and an inspiring post. sigh... :-)

{Bellamere Cottage} February 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Ditto!

Warm blessings,
Spencer........

Kate February 17, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Cindy
such a great post it really was a wonderful reminder to my heart and it truly hit home with me today.

Thank you for sharing it I am blessed

Have a wonderful week
Kate

Nice and Easy Antiques February 18, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

Hi Cindy, I must admit I'm a city girl, however...
I LOVE brownies
Picnics
Small houses or apartments!
No jewelry, thanks!
Lots of glitter
and hydrangeas.

Thank you so much for your lovely visit, we hope you'll keep coming back!

Nice and Easy Antiques February 18, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

Is me again...
By the way, I live in a small beach town but my heart is in the middle of a crazy city!!!

jojo February 18, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

beautiful post...yes, we are truly blessed. It's good to be reminded sometimes..;p

GARAGE SALE GAL February 18, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Hey Cindy,
Nice post :) Your photos are great!
The canisters on my post are really aqua in color...I don't have a great camera...and your brownies look devine!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Martha February 18, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Lovely post, I love the simple things.

gayle February 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

You are a country girl!! Very nice pictures!!

Becky February 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Awesome. Wish I'd said this. I think it all the time and try to live it too!

Run DMT February 20, 2010 at 6:44 AM  

What beautiful pictures! They compliment your appreciation for the simple things in life so well.

Great post!

Visiting here from SITS...Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! :-)

The Blonde Duck February 20, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Happy Saturday Sharefest! How nice to meet someone not materialistic! :)

Jen February 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Great Post, you have just described me to the "T"!

I am stopping by to say Happy Saturday Sharefest but as a Fellow Country Gal and Esty Member I am going to follow you :o)

Have a great weekend!

Kasey February 20, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

What a great post! I could not agree more with everything you have said.

I prefer the simple things in life! :)

Denise February 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
Please stop by!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

debbie February 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

DEAR CINDY,
I HAPPEN TO FIND YOUR BLOG BY ACCIDENT AND I LOVE IT.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST.
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PICNIC WITH YOU LISTENING TO THE BIRDS AND BEAUTIFUL HEART TO HEART CONVERSATION.
I WILL BE BACK TO SEE YOU.
BLESSINGS
I WOULD BE HONORED IF YOU DROPPED BY MY BLOG AND WE WILL HAVE SOME TEA.
SIMPLY DEBBIE
http://iamsimplydebbie.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP