Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring is a Tease

After many cloudy days...
With numerous snowfalls...
And forever feeling chilled to the bone...
Hope has emerged these last few days.


The skies have blazed a brilliant blue...
The ground underfoot has again become a familiar green...
And the continuing need to protect against the cold no longer exists...
As the smell of spring has playfully teased me.


The cold grey skies will probably return...
Falling snowflakes may pay a visit again...
And my winter garb will remain close at hand for now...

But I do not care.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of spring...even if it only was a tease.
Did you enjoy yours?

Photobucket

17 Blessed Comments:

Brenda February 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Pretty green, I cannot wait for spring. It is snowing here again in Michigan.

Martha February 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

I love these photos. Spring in Lakewood looks beautiful, thanks for sharing it w/us.

Maureen February 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

We've had a few great days. It was 50 degrees on Saturday! It was a nice break from what is projected to start tomorrow for the rest of the week. One way or the other, Spring is in the air!

ClassyChassy February 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

It was a warm weekend, up till Sunday night - then it got colder as we wait for the winter storms!

Lindy MacDuff February 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Nice reminders of spring; lovely green.

We've had rain and fog the last day and a half and the snow is melting. Hooray! But as you said, the cold weather gear will stay nearby. For us, we'll need it until April at a minimum.

Patti February 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

No spring around here yet...but we did have sunshine today and that is enough to make me smile (but I hear the weathermen saying a storm is brewing for thursday eve)

The Blonde Duck February 22, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I love Spring! I want it to come back!

Mimi February 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

What a tease...it'll be awhile before I see my iris looking like that! Beautiful photos.

Becky February 22, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

We saw the Fire Orb this weekend and I wasn't sure what t was!!! Today, we are back to bleh gray and rainy.

Glad you had some pretty weather too.

Farmgirl Cyn February 22, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

At least you were teased....spring hasn't even winked at me yet!

Jane February 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

Well I think you saw the picture on my Sunday post showing the snow we were getting....so spring hasn't teased us just yet. I am enjoying the longer days though. I noticed it was still light out going on 6:00 tonight...that's a good sign to me!
Jane

Chatty Crone February 22, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

We had that same weekend of wonderful weather here in Georgia.

Now we are preparing for another cold wave.

Your photo's were beautiful.

Glad you're having fun in Lakewood.

Sandie

Carolyn February 23, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

We have had a milder winter so I can't complain but still I look forward to spring!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
Carolyn

The imPerfect Housewife February 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

You're so right, there have been a few teasers lately, and I love it because it reminds us that yes, there will be an end eventually. You have a great writing style, you know it??? That was so nice to read ~ ♥

www.MaisonStGermain.com February 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I am soooo glad that someone is enjoying a touch of Spring:) It is still snowing here at the moment:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

LV February 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

I am sorry we do not have that spring feeling here yet. More snow today and very cold. Happy for you though.

Tootsie February 24, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

you are WAY ahead of me!!! I am feeling spring because we are above freezing...and we still have a lot of snow to get burned off...I did see some dirt in the beds the other day tho....that makes me excited to see more!
Pretty photos today!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP