Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Are You Blazing Your Trail?


Here I am in the good old days. I was a country gal then. I'm a country gal now.

I strive to blaze my own trail...seeking simplicity and down-to-earth pursuits. I want to awaken those good old days and not have them just be memories, but everyday occurrences that I can celebrate in and be thankful for. Know what I mean?


With that being said, I often find myself losing my focus. I can easily become distracted. I have often found myself lost in a maze of trends, expectations, and tribulations. I'll even stray from my passion and purpose. I become confused. That's when I find myself coming back to the comfort of my country roots. 
  
With this past weekend of springlike weather, my inner being emerged once again. You know that feeling. I know you do. There's that sense of rebirth, celebration, and life is good as the birds sing again and the blades of grass become a little more green. I realized as I was taking in the sunshine and inhaling the possibilities of spring, that we can all have that special feeling year round. We just need to be in touch with our values, our passion, and our purpose. 

Blogging has helped me with that. It has made me be more mindful about my beginnings and my direction. Does blogging or journaling do that for you? I've determined I need to start sharing more on my blog about simplicity and how it really isn't so simple of a choice. It is hard work. It is a life that when you lay your head on your pillow at night, you feel good. You know you've made an effort. You have made a contribution.


So are you getting up every morning ready to engage in life and do things that bring you joy? Have you decided it is time to blaze your own trail?

That is my wish for all of us...

Photobucket

20 Blessed Comments:

THE OLD GEEZER February 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

You post some nice looking photos on your blog.

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog
If you want to respond my email is
ronj1946@gmail.com

God bless you, Ron

Becky February 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Cindy, I love what you said here. I too get distracted. I read way too much about what I'd like to do rather than doing. Simplicity can be bliss.

www.MaisonStGermain.com February 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Great post. Very enlightening!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Jane February 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Cindy,
Wise words my friend!!
You look adorable in your cowgirl outfit!
Jane

Laura February 24, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

One thing that blogging does is make me more aware of all of the things I have to be grateful, and that I am in the drivers seat. Writing your own story, makes you realize that you really do get to "write your own story","blaze your own trail". I enjoyed your thoughts on this topic.

Tootsie February 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

what a great post! I can't wait to read all about this adventure!

Elizabeth Patch February 24, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

its so inspiring that you are returning to your country girl roots!
thanks so very much for stopping by my blog and helping make my SITS day so special!

Maureen February 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

What a sweet little girl! Young and unconcerned with the complications of life. And then life starts to happen. And everything gets complicated.

I wish I felt bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every day but that is not the case. Particularly at this time of year. When winter has worn me down. The saving grace is that Spring is around the corner. It's like an awakening every year. When the birds are singing and the crocuses and tulips burst through the soil, I awaken too. Being outside is so renewing to me. In touch with nature. That's what I pray for right now.

Carolyn February 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Great post! I probably need to take your advise.
Carolyn

Red Velvet Confections February 25, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Very interesting thoughts in your post. I blog because it keeps me thinking positively.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Chatty Crone February 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

You asked me on my blog if the good old days were really the good old days. . .

Well in some ways it was - more simpler and in some ways - no. If you had seen the picture of John Formes in the newspaper article I had - he looked sad and the times looked rough.

Anyway to get to your question.

I think the older I become the more simplier I want my life to be. The problem I have is that the people in my life - don't get it. So sometimes I get caught up into all the hussle and bussle and I forget myself.

So I have to continuously look at myself and where I'm at and pull myself back to my center.

Sandie

Barbara Jean February 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

hi Cindy.

great post.
I do certainly understand what you are saying about the sense of celebration of life, seeing colors more vividely, and the bird seem to sing louder, and sweeter than usual.
I love the child likeness of enjoying the simple things.

It does get seem to get lost at times, and it is hard to find it again.

I'm in the middle of my search for it again, as I try to draw nearer the One who created it all.

Sure do enjoy and appreciate your visits.

Blessings

barbara jean

Gwen February 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

I like the concept that you have going of 'blazing your own trail'. We are both the road of self discovery with our blogs.

I don't know about you, but I got so busy with blogging that I think that I lost the Gwen in things for awhile. It is definitely time to recharge, reassess, and start blazing my own trail:)

GARAGE SALE GAL February 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Aww...you are a cute cowgirl!!!
Have a great weekend!
Warmly,
Deb :)

gayle February 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

No I am not! I am waking up everyday wishing I could retire...just need to convince my husband!! I do need to some how figure out a way to take your advice. Great post!!!

The imPerfect Housewife February 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

You know what, I really like this because you're right - simplifying and blazing your own trail isn't as easy as you'd think. We get forced into so many paths and it's a constant struggle to stay strong and where we are. LOVE this post ~ ♥

::cottage instincts:: February 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Lovely post. I'm right there with ya. Simplifying yet again, finding and sticking to my passion. This is soooo timely for me!

Marie's Cozy Corner February 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

I love your post. I think my blog has done a lot for me when it comes to my life. visitng from sits have a great weekend.

Melissa B. February 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Hey, I'm doing more than just engage in my life...I'm a high school teacher! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...please pop on over for my 2nd Blogoversary Giveaway. A $50 Target Gift Card is on the line!

A Party Goin' on Right Here

Betsy (zen-mama.com) February 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

I've had so much fun blogging. I love to write and it's gotten me back in the habit. Plus, it might be fodder for another book. Looking forward to looking through your blog!

Happy SITs Sat.

Betsy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP