Monday, January 4, 2010

Pop of Color

I finally feel I can create. New year. Clutter gone. Organized craft room.
So here I go.





I had an area that needed a pop of color. I love aqua. I hate hunter green. What do I have in my home? Yep, hunter green. Not going to beat myself up about it. Watch me this year as I rid my space of hunter green...and have fun doing so by bringing in the colors I love.

Now back to my project. I wanted aqua. I wanted something simple. 




How much did it cost? Nada. The wreath and book were an auction find. My trusted aqua spray paint I already had. When I buy at auctions, it is for resell. I buy a box for something specific, resell it, and the rest of the goodies within the box is for my pleasure. The wreath is one of those goodies. It was brand new with the price tag still intact.

I sprayed the wreath aqua and liked it so much better. I took the book and created my flowers, a bird , and the bow. I distressed them with brown paint and attached them with hot glue. It was that easy.



It is...making my Monday!
Living it up at Lakewood,

25 Blessed Comments:

Andrea January 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Beautiful!!

Blessings, andrea

Sherry January 4, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

ohhh I really like that its beatiful!

Jess January 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Very clever to use book pages for embellishments!

glor January 4, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

What wonderful ways to use your finds! I love the color of the wreath and what you did with the pages of the book ...thanks for some inspiration!!!

Its So Very Cheri January 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I LOVE It.

Thanks for your sweet comments. We always joke that no one gets sick in Florida until all the snow birds come down and bring all the guck from all the sick people down. I seriously think there is some truth to it. We don't get sick much and I think it is because we have the doors open all the time with fresh air blowing through the house--getting all the nasties out of here, it has been really coldd here-no doors open and then you have people coming down who have been all closed up in their homes with lots of bugs floatinf around and they come down here and WHAM!!!
Cheri

~~Carol~~ January 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Ok, you need to do a tutorial on making the flower, bird and bow! I love the transformation, and I'm going to enjoy watching the bigger transformation as you go from hunter green to aqua in your home!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Beth@The Stories of A to Z January 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

What a fun wreath! It makes me smile. I love the paper embellishments. Good luck of getting rid of your hunter green this year. I'm trying to get rid of red this year, but I'm not sure the budget will allow it.

Maureen January 4, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Hunter green was all the rage but now oh so 'passe'. Your fresh new aqua wreathe looks great. Spray paint certainly makes makes life easier.

::cottage instincts:: January 4, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Love me some aqua! I'm doing the same thing, trying to put pops of aqua all over my house because it makes me feel all shimmery when I look at it.

Great wreath, and I love the birds and rosettes :)

Thanks for hooking up to Mi4M~
cindy

Leigh of Bloggeritaville January 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Stunningly beautiful!Thanks for dropping by Tales from Bloggeritaville, my friend! Happy New year!
Leigh

Erin A January 4, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Looks wonderful!! Great job. Thanks for your comments also, blessings! :)

Tammy at Tattered and Timeless January 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Looks quite nice. I am not into aqua but I am into people changing up their house to make themselves happy and if aqua does it for you - then "aqua-fy" it all. :)
I think that wreath would be darling also in a cream color- or a brown..wow
tammy

the queen January 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

I love the paper accents. Simple and sweet

ClassyChassy January 4, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Cute accents - nice remake of an old style wreath!

Stephanie Lynn January 4, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like your take on the tutorials - your wreath turned out great! I see some comments about making the bird and roses - you can post the links to my tutorials if you'd like. Happy New Year!
UndertheTable&Dreaming

The imPerfect Housewife January 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

SOOO cute!! I like aqua too and it does give just the right amount of splash to a room ~ GREAT job! ♥

Mimi January 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

WOW! I ♥ your beautiful aqua wreath!

GARAGE SALE GAL January 4, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

I love spray paint !!! It can make anything look so wonderful/new/better etc !!!Love the birdie and rose that you added.
No spray painting until spring for me. Too COLD..
Deb :)

Jane January 4, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

Cindy,
The wreath looks amazing painted aqua. That is a great color. I love the accents from the old book pages. Very clever!!
Jane

Remodelaholic January 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Hey Cindy, I just clicked through to your blog form your comment and I LOVE the blue! I am simply craving color right now... IT is wonderful.

I am happy to have the Christmas decor down, but now I realize why I was so unhappy with my decor before Christmas... we have no color! I may have to copy this somehow!

Love it! Can't wait to look through your blog.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie January 4, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

This is FABULOUS! Very chic!! I love the aqua with the white accents.

Catherine peacelovesweater@blogspot.com January 5, 2010 at 1:30 AM  

It is beautiful! I love aqua it is calming yet elegant, and I especially like it with sepia tones. Your paper flowers are beautiful as well.

Shirley January 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

A beautiful little wreath! I love the paper bow and the little paper bird. Very creative.

Its So Very Cheri January 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

You've been featured. Go check it out.

Cheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP