Monday, January 18, 2010

Hibernating...

This is a time for reflection. With the chill in the air and frost/snow upon the ground, I find myself in hibernation. It is not the form that our animal friends seek for survival. It is my own take to remain snug and secure during a season that I am not fond of. So I have discovered that the rhythm of how I approach my day is evolving. 



I do depend on nature and my natural surroundings to bring me comfort. I embrace the seasons of spring, summer, and fall. I need to now accept the gifts of winter. How? By slowing down, taking the time to reflect, and to energize my being.

Everything in nature tells us that winter is the time to slow down. The majority of humans cannot hear the cycle of the seasons or of the earth. They are too busy. As I look at all my possibilities, I question myself and contemplate if my values always align with my actions. Have I become too busy with things that do not matter?

I prefer my simplistic lifestyle yet I find myself straying from it due to outside influences. I need to stay true to the journey I've set for myself. You have probably noticed that I have not blogged for almost a week. I have been doing what is of the utmost importance...living my life in balance. I've discovered life goes on if I don't post everyday. This blog began so I could  find me again, to plant some roots, and become better at who I am.
 
So what does one do while in hibernation? Whatever I want. I am feathering my nest, making it more comfortable to endure these days of winter when the prospect of spring seems so far in the distance. I hold onto hope that spring will arrive early this year. 

This season...I'll have an extra hot chocolate if I want it. I will enjoy completing my indoor projects because as soon as my surroundings thaw, I will be in the great outdoors again. For now, I will throw on an extra blanket and read a book or watch an old movie. I will let go of control and go with the flow of the universe. That is how I will hibernate and reconnect with my creative being.

And how about you? Are you hibernating?

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

14 Blessed Comments:

Jane January 18, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Hi Cindy:
I think your hibernation sounds so wonderful!! I haven't gotten to do much hibernating around here but I'm trying to slow down and appreciate all the wonderful things in my life.
A lot of wisdom in your post today!
Jane

LV January 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

Way to go. I agree with you hold heartily. Take each day at a time and make the best of it. Slow down and smell the roses.

Maureen January 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

I will let go of control and go with the flow of the universe. Says it all. We tend to operate in a mindless matter worrying about the next thing that we need to do. I took ma a long time to learn this but now I know to let go, live in the moment and I will achieve balance. And that usuall means getting away from it all. Enjoy your hibernation!

My Grama's Soul January 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

What a wonderful post you have done!! I, too, need to slow down and not GET IT ALL DONE TODAY!

Thank-you friend,

Jo

Becky January 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Yeppers! You said it well and beautifully. Poetry my dear!

Linda January 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

What an AWESOME post Cindy...I needed to hear this:) Thanks for coming by for a visit!

Blessigs,
Linda

June January 20, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

I loved this post Cindy. I love the notion that if I just change my attitude, I could learn to really love the Winter. I do have to say that I love the pace of my days in this season. I love my home so much that having this time to enjoy it more should be a delight and that I should hate for the Winter to end. I thank you for helping me relearn this truth.
hugs

Catherine January 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

I'm doing exactely the same as you do!take my time...maybe too much...Catherine

Amo January 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Ah, I love this post! I think it is wonderful that you are taking care to find balance in your life. Balance is so important for health and happiness. The world will go on if you don't post everyday, but you need to take care of you! Keep hibernating! We will always be here!

The imPerfect Housewife January 22, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

You know what...you take care of you and take all the time in the world. Your blogging friends are always here and so are some new ones so enjoy your days of nesting!! ♥

Chatty Crone January 22, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

I know exactly what you are talking about - just gave myself a week in LA to visit my sister and relax. sandie

Barbara Jean January 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

WOW!
Cindy,
I do not even know what to say about this post.

I am so struggling with what I think you are talking about in keeping my priorities straight.
I find as the pressures of life squeeze in on me, my obsessive/compulsive tendencies are kicking in and on overtime. And I do not know how to stop it.
Keeping busy, and toooo much in blogland, is my survival right now, and life should be so much more than surviving.
I'm seeking my Lord about these things, but do not really sit still long enough to know His peace.

Well, too much said.

I so admire what you are doing.

blessings

barbara jean

Anonymous,  February 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Hello. Great job. I did not expect this on a Wednesday. This is a great story. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP