Friday, January 1, 2010

Girls Just Want to Have Fun!

Do you remember that song by Cyndi Lauper from 1983? So how about it, girls...are you planning any fun for 2010? Yes, you have your goals, your resolutions, and your to do list...but do you have any fun penciled in there?
Do ya?  



See this pic? Does it look like we're having fun? I'm the one on the right...not the fuzzy one with the apron and black nose. I'm with my 'little' sisters on our special weekend that we started as a tradition this past year. We had fun...junking through piles of good stuff and special finds...and sitting on the beach drinking wine...then running into Snoopy in the hotel....LOL!!!
Having fun and creating memories.

So will your 2010 be filled with fun and special memories? Let's face it...2009 was tough for many of us. We need 2010 to be just a bit better.
And if ya pencil it in...it has a better chance.

Hmmm...I may pencil in a party this summer...maybe for the 4th of July...maybe a 50's theme...hmmm...

Oh girls, we just want to have fun!!!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

14 Blessed Comments:

Maureen January 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Oh boy - who doesn't remember Cyndi Lauper! A perfect theme song for your sisterly get togethers! I plan on a little fun of my own later this month and will post about it.

All the best in 2010.

Gwen January 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

May you run into Snoopy and fun many times this year. Happy New Year:)

Andrea January 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Hope you have a wonderfully blessed New Year!
andrea

lisa's blog January 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Oh I love that song and that is awesome that you do that special thing with your sisters! I have decided as you can tell by my blog to start doing more fun things with my life and my sister!! So go forth and Have fun this year!!! :) Check out my blog for fun things to try! lisa

Amo January 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Yes, I intend to have much more fun this year than last! I will definitely be penciling it in!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) January 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Happy New Year Cindy!
Looks like your starting the year out right, by having a ball!
Cindy

The imPerfect Housewife January 1, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

SO true!! Why do we plan everything microscopic thing and then try and fit some fun in there around the edges??? "Pencil it in" - I like that! Happy New Year ~ ♥

jen January 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

what would life be like without girlfriends? such a blessing!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville January 1, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

Continue to live it up, Cindy! Life is short-enjoy the ride. All the best to you and yours for the New Year. May it come with wonderful times and fond memories!

leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  January 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

Mom January 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Ky and I were looking through the picture box a few nights ago and she found the ones of us when we went to the 50s dance dressed up! she thinks it's hilarious that the 50s seem "old" to us, but then she realized that her generation has 80's parties now. We need to bring a recording of "Girls.." song with us now for our weekend!

Patti January 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

OK Smartie-Pants...you guilted me into it...I just found 33 ways to use leftover candy canes...come on back over to Pandora's Box to read them - I added a 34th way!

And I knew you were the "one on the right" because you have your grandmother's smile!!

Chatty Crone January 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I love that song - Girls just want to have fun - how true it is.

Hope you have fun this new year - looks like you started on the right track.
Sandie

Jane January 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

I think penciling in some fun sounds like a great idea. We all get so caught up in everyday life that sometimes we forget to enjoy what we have.
Let me know when you're having that party :-)
Jane

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP