Sunday, January 31, 2010

Classic Country


I've just put together my 'special place'. A place to relax, enjoy, and feel refreshed. I can usually do this in the great outdoors as nature is what enriches my being and stirs my creativity. But I stay indoors as much as possible when the cold weather hits here at Lakewood. So what's a gal to do? Well, knock out a wall and get busy.

BEFORE
The above room was an unused and very small bedroom. It felt very claustrophobic, so opening it up to the kitchen made it just right.

As I pulled this room together, I have discovered my style of Classic Country with all its comfort and charm. It is a simple elegance with a lived in look. I can mix it up and do not have to follow any specific rules. This way, I have the opportunity to think outside the box and allow my creativity to flow. I can express myself with my Classic Country decor.

AFTER
I started with painting the room a yummy color. Then I wrestled with a couple of my favorite big pieces and arranged them for a perfect fit. I had to go  shopping...down in my basement (whole other post). My objective was to spend no money or as little as possible. My out-of-pocket was $65. Not bad for a complete redo.


I also had to work on a few projects to pull the room together. You can always give a new life to any object you currently own. I love having a stash of stuff to pull from. I will reveal how I acquire my decor items and my stash for little or no money in a future post. 


So there you have it...from a Classic Country gal!
Linking up to:
Made It Mondays
Its So Very Creative
Blue Monday
Met Monday
Make It For Monday
Make Your Monday
Visit these great hosts for fun and creative ideas!

Check back this week for more details regarding my reveal.
Thanks for the visit!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

41 Blessed Comments:

trish January 31, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

I just love the feel of your "special place." :o) Trish

One Cheap B*tch January 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Ooooh I love that vintage fan! =)

nannykim/spindlecottage January 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Cool; what color are the walls ?? a purple type color? Did you knock the wall out yourself??

~ LJ January 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

I love your wall color. I've been wanting to paint my scrapbook room a similar color but can't find one I love. What color/brand is this?

Allison Shops January 31, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Very pretty.

I grew up in a community named Lakewood and married in our home. Always loved the name.

Kammy January 31, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Such a cute space - I love that fan !
Kammy

My Grama's Soul January 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

What a sweet place you have made for yourself.

I love ladies who are so creative and recycle everything!

Blessings,

Jo

GARAGE SALE GAL January 31, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

That is so cool!! You did a wonderful job and I also LOVE to shop in my boxes/stash!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

xinex January 31, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

It is very pretty, very charming indeed!...Christine

Linda January 31, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Lovin' that COOL vintage fan!

Blessings,
Linda

momstheword January 31, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Cindy, my hubby was born in '55 too, lol! I love this, it is gorgeous and I love all the little accents that you used. So warm and inviting!

Cha Cha January 31, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Oh man, I want a space like this I am jealous. You did a great job, thanks for sharing.

Cha Cha

June January 31, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

Way to just go for it Cindy. The room turned out wonderful and I'm sure a lot more usable. I love the wall color and that shelf is too cool.
hugs

Diann January 31, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

this turned out so pretty! very nice!

Jane February 1, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

Great job! The room looks wonderful. I want to come shop in your basement of goodies!!
Jane

Maggie B February 1, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

You certainly have created a great space to relax in and I love the wall colour, so peaceful & serene.
Have a great week.
~Maggie~

SmilingSally February 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Beautiful NEW space, Cindy. Happy Blue Monday.

Marianne@Songbird February 1, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

A true 'room of ones own' like any woman should have. What a wonderful wall color!

Country Wings in Phoenix February 1, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Oh Cindy Sweetie...
This is a beautiful blue post, and you have done an awesome job redecorating this room.

Love your blue bird. So cute. What a beautiful vignette.

That vintage fan is just the best. Even if you can find one just to sit and look at, that doesn't work, it would still be awesome to just see. Love it. Thanks for sharing your peaceful new place. So beautiful.

Have a beautiful Blue Monday.

Country hugs sweetie..>Sherry

Heirlooms For You February 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Beautiful room. I love the the white with blue back shelves. I can't wait to see what you are going to tell us about shopping in your basement in future post. I 'll stay tuned. Carol

Regina February 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I always love the country ambiance.
Beautiful creations.
Happy Blue Monday.

jen February 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

wow -- what a great transformation - looks great! and i love that blue fan.

Maureen February 1, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

That wall color is really nice. I love that you took the bull by the horns and took the wall down. I'll bet the whole room feels different.

ellen b February 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Cindy! What an amazing transformation. You really have a good eye for space and what to do with it. Love every part of it!! Enjoy...

Cindy February 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Hi Cindy, thanks for stopping in at my place, so of course I had to trot over with a plate of cookies to say thanks. :)

Love your transformation. Isn't it such a wonderful feeling when you can change a look without dashing out a wad of dough. For me, that works.

I love your little vignette. Precious. I have one of those vintage fans too, aren't they great. I will have to do a post soon on my vintage findings.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Hugs,
(another)Cindy

Beansieleigh February 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Hi Cindy! Love your little bluebird, and your blue tea set!.. I even love that old blue fan! I enjoyed my visit here today, and it is very nice to meet you! ~tina

Pie February 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Lots of pretty blues. I love your tea set!


My Blue Monday.

Joy February 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

What a pretty makeover. Love the pretty tea set on the nice white shelf. Looks great! Happy Blue Monday!

black eyed susans kitchen February 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I loved the paint color that you used! Something between a lilac and a mauve? You will have to tell me that color.
♥, Susan

Linda (Nina's Nest) February 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

Wow! I can't believe all the wonderful changes you made. It looks fabulous - and I'm loving that fan - lucky you! Linda

Marice February 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

wow great job :) i also love that vintage fan!


u may view mine here

Cindy February 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

What a peaceful and comfy place you have created with lovely treasures. A lot of us like the vintage fan. I remeber fans like that and the warning to stay back or get my fingers cut off. Thanks for sharing. :0

Barbara Jean February 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Cindy,
your room turned out great!!
Hard to believe it was even the same area.

hugs and blessings

barbara jean

Chatty Crone February 1, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I love your personal space - where you can just relax and think and breathe. sandie

Mary February 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

I love the things you've chosen to share with us today. They are truly perfect for Blue Monday. I hope you have a marvelous day. Blessings...Mary

The Persimmon Perch February 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Now that is a project. Great job! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Its So Very Cheri February 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Your redo is so pretty. You did good.

Cheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP