Monday, January 4, 2010

Bird and Flower Tutorial

Some visitors are asking me to provide a tutorial for the project I did at 'this post' in regards to the cute little bird, the flowers, and the bow that I added to my wreath.



 I did forget to mention in my original post that some instructions would be coming as I found the plans online and just had to find them again to give the original person credit and link to her. I've been blog hopping too so much lately...!



Luckily she found me so that helped speed the process up, I have to give the credit to Stephanie Lynn at Under The Table & Dreaming who provided the tutorial for the bird and the flowers. Her tutorial is very easy to follow. I did make one slight change to the flower. For the spiral,  I did not cut on the lines. I cut a wavy pattern back and forth over my drawn line and just used the line as a guide. That way the flowers are not straight across the top edge, but are more wavy like petals. Either way looks good. The top flower on the left is the straight cut. I also tucked in and glued a tiny piece of dryer sheet for the center of each flower. 



And the bow...I just eyeballed it and did it. Ripped some strips from a book. Took two strips and made a loop with each and fastened the ends with glue, then fastened those two ends together. Did a mini strip, looped it around the middle of the two loops for a center and glued it on the back. I then ripped two strips to be the tails for the bow.



It is all given a distressed look with gently rubbing on some brown paint. So easy! I hope this all makes sense. Now go visit Stephanie and make your own! 

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
    

8 Blessed Comments:

alittlefrenchloven January 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

Love it! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to visit Stephanie now. =)
Michelle

Anonymous,  January 5, 2010 at 3:17 AM  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Happy Nester January 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

That is just the cutest thing. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) January 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Beautiful Cindy~
Love it, my problem is seeing so many great projects and wanting to do them all! Cindy

Stephanie Lynn January 6, 2010 at 4:39 AM  

Thanks for the link up. I appreciate it. I love the changes you made and the bow addition. Again, Your wreath is gorgeous! I'm sending you over an email with a question.

Chatty Crone January 6, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

That turned out so pretty - who would have thought you could make a rose from a newspaper?

Beautiful.
sandie

Stacey January 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

How pretty! I really like those. :)

Denise January 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

I love those flowers and that little bird--so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP