Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Simplistic Season

“The simplest things are often the truest.” -Richard Bach

 This holiday season will not be loud and outrageous, but quiet and reflective.

This holiday season will not be hurried and exhausting, but just plain enjoyable. 

This holiday season will not be expensive and gaudy, but handmade and vintage filled.

 I collect vintage ornaments. My Grandmother S actually started it all by sharing hers with me. Below are some of my smaller ones displayed in a vintage dish given to me by my Grandmother R. And of course, the books are vintage. 



Vintage ornaments displayed in an old birdcage.



More vintage ornaments in a pretty silver bowl and tray.



Thanks for viewing my vintage faves!
I am joining up at Vintage Thingies Thursday where everyone enjoys sharing!

Nothing is better than a Christmas that fills the senses, the spirit, and the soul. Wishing you a simplistic season!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

26 Blessed Comments:

Jane December 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

I LOVE all of the vintage ornaments and how you have them displayed. My favorite is the birdcage...great idea!
Jane

Leigh of Bloggeritaville December 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

Beautiful colors!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Maureen December 10, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

Simply lovely Cindy. Love the cage. I have already planned to use my old silver plate in my decor - since it's my latest obsession.

Lemondrop Marie December 10, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

What a lovely thought- a simple and sweet season! Love your ornaments, both because of the color and the vintage!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Mary Ellen (megardengal) December 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Oh my you have some pretty vintage ornaments too and we both love silver I see!!

That basket that you commented on is something that I found when we were at a missions conference in South Dakota 2 years ago- I just loved the look of it and the price was right too!

blessings
mary

Postcardy December 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

They sort of look like giant balls of candy when they are displayed like that.

Allison December 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Your vintage ornaments are so colorful! I have pink ones like yours.

Jingle December 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Those are gorgeous! I love all the colors!

the wild raspberry December 10, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

oh i just love them in the old birdcage...i totally need to do that!!!!
happy holidays~
chasity

Elizabeth December 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

What a great idea to display your ornaments in a bird cage!

The Crazy Suburban Mom December 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

these are my favorite decorations for the season - the shiny christmas balls...I l ove the glow.

happy vtt!

CC December 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I love the birdcage and your ornaments. They're just beautiful.

Roslyn December 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

The birdcage is so sweet, & the little balls remind me of some my Mum had.

My Grama's Soul December 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Loved the birdcage with the vintage ornaments.

They were great!!

Cheers,

Jo

Keetha Broyles December 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I love ALL the ways you have displayed your ornaments. Makes me remember the little ornaments we bought our first Christmas after we got married. I think maybe I'll dig them out and use them in my decorations now that you reminded me!!!

LV December 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

It was nice seeing some of the old ornaments again. We used them for years, but no longer have them. I guess you just cannot keep everything.

Janet, December 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

I love your ornaments and how you displayed them.

grace December 10, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I love the vintage ornaments and the way you display them. Fantastic bird cage

Coloradolady December 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

You have these displayed really nice, I love vintage ornaments...nothing compares to their beauty. Happy VTT!

Patti December 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

The birdcage is so unique...and i love how you displayed the ornaments in it

Pat & Ron Harris December 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

I never would have thought to combine ornaments and birdcages, but it works so well. Love it. Thank you for visiting junkblossoms. I hope you'll visit often. Merry Christmas!

marian December 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

what delightful eye candy..i love vintage ornies too!..that quaint little birdcage is simply adorable!

Debbie December 11, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

The ornaments look great in the birdcage.

Chatty Crone December 11, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

I like that Richard Bach quote.

Happy Cottage Quilter December 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Love the vintage ornaments. Great way to display them

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

fannipauline December 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

I had an old Bike I painted white and put in my yard. I changed it for the seasons and loved it. I used it for a 2 or 3 years and it is now in my backyard. I had baskets in the back on each side of the tire. For Christmas it was filled with red points and a Santa hat hung on the handlebars. I got a lot of comments on it In the spring it was decorated with sunflowers and a big brim hat decorated with ribbons a flowers hung from the handlebars.....Pauline

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP