Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shopping Experience


Do you enjoy shopping? I don't, no really, I can't stand it unless...I have the experience to enjoy a shop like the one above. This is Cottage Gardens located in a little historical town by me that is filled with fun and unique shopping experiences. These pictures were taken a few years ago when I became acquainted with the shop owner. I loved talking to her. She was featured in a national magazine because of her shabby chic style. She had that 'WOW' effect when it came to decorating her shop and her home. And did I mention she lived in a modular home? Everything was in a variety of whites and all chippy. This is how cool she was...she actually took a porch from a historical house and attached it to a wall within her home. Did I mention 'WOW'? She traveled and did major shows and sold to major designers. And she was the sweetest 'down home' KY gal!

See that bike in the window above? See how she took a can of white spray paint to make it special? I am still looking for a junk bike to do that to. When I say junk, I mean zero dollars. I have already found a big bike basket to attach to the front. Now I just need to find a bike!


She no longer has this shop. Someone else has moved in. It's a sister and brother team and I met them when they started buying from me at the flea market. They buy from me for resale and for display purposes. I like being the middleman, I mean middlewoman. I've owned a shop before, well, twice before. I start feeling confined after awhile. I'm a free and restless spirit. I don't like to be tied down at all. I may just extend my business this next season by selling my finds directly to shop owners. I've been kicking the idea around. It's something to look into anyway.

The new owner has invited me to stop by and visit. I need to do that soon, real soon...

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

10 Blessed Comments:

Andrea December 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

It's a cute little place.
andrea

Amo December 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

What a sweet little shop. I love out of the way shops like that with interesting finds!

Jane December 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

What a cute little place. I love the lit bicycle too. My son races bicycles so this would be a fun thing to do in our house at Christmas.
What caught my eye though was the list on your sidebar with the steps to complete in turning your closet into an office. I'm planning on redoing my guest bedroom after Christmas and I think this is a great idea to keep me on track (I have a tendency to start and stop projects with no real direction). I'm going to take a page from your blog and create a list of my "things to do" to turn my boring guest room into a new masterpiece!!
Thanks Cindy!!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Maureen December 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Sounds like that arrangement would work for you. I'm like you, the thought of being tied down doesn't tickle my fancy. I've considered a shop too but thinking about that is what stops me.

It looks like a cute shop. That bike is so cool. Sometimes the simplest things.....

Mimi December 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Oh, what a treasure of a shop. Wish there were more like that one and less of the big box stores.

Chatty Crone December 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

What a find - I love that bike painted white - the shop looks lovely.

Rebecca December 13, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

I could soooo shop there, Cindy. What a wonderful place. I too would LOVE THAT BIKE! I want it for zero dollars, too!

Than you for stopping by today. I'm glad to have you follow along. I'm going to tag along with you as well. I'm inspired by your passion to find and sell neat things.

Blessings to you this Christmas. I loved your Trees and think the idea of adopting one is such a fabulous idea.

Hugs to you. Thanks for stopping by.

Love, Rebecca

June December 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Hi Cindy,
I'm so happy to meetcha!!! I know I'm gonna love it here. I do feel home already.
You wouldn't be talking about sweet Theresa, would you? She has been an inspiration to me as long as I've loved the style. I hadn't realized before this post that she had once owned a shop.
hugs

Maggie B December 15, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

What a lovely little place, I could happily spend some time mooching around here.
Thanks for visiting Normandy.
Maggie

Ryan December 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

You have me wanting a bicycle for zero dollars now too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP