Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Old Time Greetings


Holiday Messages From the Past...










...All Throughout the House.

I'm joining Vintage Thingies Thursday with Suzanne and Thrifty Thursday with Leigh. Check out the fun! Everything in the above photos is vintage and thrifty. Every piece you see has been given to me or I picked up at an auction for a ridiculously low price. I am extremely cheap and proud to be called so!

I am feeling auction withdrawal since the season has ended. I do not necessarily buy for myself. That just wouldn't be thrifty, now would it? And I cannot handle that much clutter. I do resale and plan to expand the business next season. I may do a post sometime to discuss the know how and the details on how to be successful at auctions.

Happy Holidays from Lakewood,
Cindy   

31 Blessed Comments:

~~Carol~~ December 16, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Oh you dear girl, I absolutely love what you did with that old tyepwriter! I think it's one of the best decorations I've seen this Christmas! And those s&p shaker cardholders are pretty great too. Love it all!!
Merry Christmas and Happy VTT!
Carol

Maureen December 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Clever, clever, clever! Love your displays.

Can't wait to hear your post about auctions. You might know that I am slowly re-immersing myself in a shop that I was in before. Taking it slowly right now. But auctions.... I really don't like them - so long and tedious. I guess it's more something wrong with me than with them. lol

Postcardy December 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Your typewriter makes a good vintage display stand.

Vonlipi December 16, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

That is a beautiful composition. You're really talented! Thanks for sharing!

CC December 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Oh my!!! I love everything you've shown today. I love the typewriter and the way you've decorated..and I love the old cards. I wish you would do a post on auctions..I haven't been to many and could certainly use some pointers. And in this next year..I plan on either setting up a booth in an "antique" shop or setting aside an area in my small store for some vintage things. I'm just not sure how to get started..
Happy VTT and have a wonderful weekend.

Ryan December 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Oh, yes! That typewriter is so clever! Love it! Thanks for visiting my blog, and now I'm off to visit yours. Apparently, my mouth is running before I'm even past your front door! :)

Jane December 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Cindy,
Your vignette with the typewriter and postcards is wonderful!! You know you combined two of my favorite things into one fabulous display. Love it!!!
Jane

Anny December 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

How adorable and clever!

Tootsie December 17, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

you are so creative with your displays!!! I love that typewriter!

Barbara Jean December 17, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

What a great display of your old postcards on the typewriter!!

Way didn't i think of that for the store? I even have the typewriter already??

Thanks for all the viists.
Always enjoy reading your comments

barbara jean

Sarah December 17, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

Visiting from VTT...

Those are beautiful cards! Vintage cards/postcards are some of my favorite things. You have displayed them nicely.

Roslyn December 17, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

Love the typewriter, very innovative !

marian December 17, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

what a GORGEOUS display..i've got an old typewriter and you've just inspired me!..love your vintage poscards too..PERFECT!!

Keetha Broyles December 17, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

What a fun fun way to use an old typerwriter. WHO OUT THERE EVEN KNOWS WHAT ONE OF THOSE IS????

Me, me, me! I do teacher!

Anyway - - - I've never seen one put to prettier or better use!

The Crazy Suburban Mom December 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

I love that they are set in that typewriter... the cards are great but the typewriter makes it!

Carrie December 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Lovely decorations...Happy holidays!

Miri December 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Wonderful vintage cards and you've displayed them beautifully! I love the salt shakers turned card holders and of course, the typewriter!

Patti December 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

The typewriter arrangement is adorable...just made me smile...happy holidays

GARAGE SALE GAL December 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

LOVE your old typewriter all decorated for Christmas! Great idea!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Warmly,
Deb :)

{ L } December 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

What an awesome and unique way to decorate!! I want to copy it. :D It is so adorable. I really enjoyed this post!

The imPerfect Housewife December 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

You can take anything and make it cute!!! That typewriter is adorable - and so vintagey! Hope you're having a good day ~ ♥

My Grama's Soul December 17, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Oh what a marvelous post. That old typewriter with the ornaments and cards is fabulous. Love what you have done here!!


Cheers,

Jo

Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage December 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Gosh I have an old typewriter hid up in the attic. Now the ideas are spinning...thanks!!

Ally0005 December 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Oh my!!! I love what you did to the old type writer so cute!!!!!!

Ally

sweetpicklesandchocolate December 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Absolutely love the vintage look and that typewriter is to die for!
Dena

Coloradolady December 17, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

This is a adorable display..so clever to put that together to look so cute!! I love it...Have a great VTT!

Farmgirl Cyn December 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

These are some of the most original displays EVER! I love the old postcards, and the typewriter is so darn festive, all decked out!

Susan L (lily40au) December 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

What a great collection ... and I love your nifty use of stuff to display it. The typewritter is clever ... but so is the salt shaker.

Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com December 17, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

That photo of the typewriter is breathtaking. You definitely have a creative eye! I, too, am having withdrawals during the winter months. I am missing the hunt for treasures! Thanks for sharing! Please be sure to visit my blog not only for the thrify post this week but also for my give-a-way post of Vintage Sterling Silver. Don't forget to participate to win!

LV December 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

What wonderful things from the past. I truly enjoyed everything you shared today. Nicely done.

Chatty Crone December 19, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

I get so impressed with all the thoughts of new things to do - I never would have thought of using an old typewriter. Very clever indeed. Sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP