Monday, December 28, 2009

Meet John Doe and the Aqua Blues

I had the opportunity to Meet John Doe yesterday...by television. Confused? Let me clarify. I have a cold which I knew was coming. Tool Man always brings me colds (and flu) that he picks up at work. I've told him many times he can stop now...please! I'd just rather have flowers!

Anyway, I decided to not do a thing yesterday as I was fuzzy headed (?!?). Perfect time to settle down and find an old movie to enjoy. We have basic cable so when I say old movie that usually entails something from the 80's if I'm lucky.




Yesterday was different. I found Meet John Doe with Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck from 1941. 1941, I say!!! I loved it...it could have been a theme today about hard times and the John Does of the good old U.S.A. coming together to help each other.

The most fun with that movie was my distraction with the scenery, the set, and the clothing. I love vintage clothing and that is why it is such a treasure to watch an old movie. But what really grabbed me was the set and the colors. Yes, the movie was originally in black and white, but they added color to this version.




Aqua and robin egg blue popped out all over the place. Aqua painted walls, white woodwork and doors, green curtains, furniture in blue/aqua prints with the wood in a chocolate brown, and accent colors in yellow. Wow, I want it...the perfect color palette! Poor Tool Man came walking into the room and I'm shouting 'look at this, look at this scenery, look at the colors'. Sigh...I needed another woman to share in this excitement cause Tool Man just didn't get it.

That is why I'm sharing this with you today. Many of you 'get it'. It's the excitement and pleasure of the perfect palette.
So thanks for sharing in my excitement! :)


Picture by dominomag added to my ideabook at Houzz.

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

6 Blessed Comments:

Maureen December 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Sorry to hear that you're sick. Although sometimes that's what it takes to slow down and chill out.

Ohhhhh....that last picture!

Jane December 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I hope your cold doesn't keep you down too long!
I watched quite a few old movies this past weekend too.
I watched The Bishop's Wife (I believe 1947) and I watched Holiday Affair (1949) and of course I had to watch It's a Wonderful Life.
I love those old movies too and like you said, the clothes and the sets are so much fun!
Take it easy.
Jane

{ L } December 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Aww, this post makes me want to cuddle up to a good happy black and white movie!

LV December 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Based on what I have seen lately, the old movies are much better then the new ones. Trust you are feeling better today. There seems to be a lot sickness going around. Take care.

Autumn Belle December 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM  

The aqua colour setting looks great. I guess it is not easy for the painter to get the the perfectly fitting colour tone. Old movies do bring back a lot of fond memories. Happy New Year 2010!

Chatty Crone December 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

I love the color of that room - mine is similar to that. Hope you cold is better soon - drink some hot water and lemon. I love old movies too.

Well I hope you feel better and happy new year.

Sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP