Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Not Pretty...



...and it looks a little strange, but for some odd reason I felt the need to share. Yep, while everyone is showing off their perfectly decorated homes, sharing the excitement of freshly fallen snow outside their windows, and letting us in on the best crafting and gifting secrets imaginable...here's Cindy. She wants you to know that she also has been, oh, so busy.

This is today's attempt of making bread and as soon as this lump of rubbery stuff cools....off to the wastebasket it goes. Wait...maybe not...maybe there is some magical recycling project I can come up with to gift just the right person or mold into a Christmas decoration or to place under a cloche. 



Actually, I make a few loaves of bread every week. I can't even remember the last time I bought bread and that is a good thing. This falls into my life of simplicity which really is an oxymoron cause this isn't easy!!!

Anyway, the dough was reaching that 'ball' stage when the machine started screaming (well that is what it sounded like and the noise really set the cats on edge). I threw open the machine to be hit by HOT steam upon my face (free facial for the holidays and bread scented too).

Okay, I won't tell you what I called the bread machine, but I named it. It's life is over and it is no more. Wait! Maybe there is some magical recycling project....or I could even do a giveaway! :)

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy  

14 Blessed Comments:

Andrea December 7, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

You have another award on arise 2 write.
andrea

momstheword December 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

I have only made homemade bread one time and it tasted pretty good but the dough looked awful. I have to keep practicing until I get it "right!"

I've been poking around on your blog and it is delightful so I am going to have to follow you too!

Looking forward to getting lots of ideas!

~ Nan

Farmgirl Cyn December 7, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Make sure to check out your local thrift stores for a "new" used one! I find them there all the time!

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood December 7, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I actually have 2 machines. One was free from a neighbor and the other cost a couple of dollars from a yard sale (that was the one that died). Hopefully I can find a good deal as I refuse to pay full price for anything. :)

Tootsie December 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

I haven't had any luck with home made anything!!! You are a better woman than me if you can't remember the last time you bought bread!!!
good luck!

Jane December 7, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

What a cute post. I especially enjoyed the part about recycling it into a Christmas decoration or placing it under a cloche....now that was funny!!
The fact that you even attempt to make bread puts you in a whole different category than me....I'm a mess in the kitchen and have never enjoyed any aspect of cooking. Now my mom....she's a great cook, I guess I just didn't inherit that gene.
Good luck with your next loaf.
Jane

Happy Cottage Quilter December 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I also have found two machines at the thrift stores. One makes 1/2 a loaf, and the other full size. They are the good machines too. Zojirusjhi's. Paid $10 for the 1/2 size, and $15 for the full size. Keep an eye out.

Chatty Crone December 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Oh my gosh you can't remember the last time you bought bread? I bought some today.

Sorry about your machine and your facial. Hope you find a new one.

Sandie

Leigh of Bloggeritaville December 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

You had me with "I make my own bread".
I love you.
Really, there is nothing like homemade bread. I need a bread machine. I could do the same thing if I did. Home made bread is better than anything.
Oh....YUM!

Amo December 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

That is amazing that you always bake your own bread! I don't even always get dinner on the table! I am impressed and very jealous. I wish I was that ambitious in the kitchen, but I hate cooking. My poor son doesn't have many dinners to look forward to with me. But, I do love to bake. So, there's that.

Anny December 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Ehhh thanks for the offer of giving it away but I think this needs to be disposed of...quickly ;)

Maybe Santa will bring you a new machine, I've always wanted one!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) December 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM  

Fresh baked bread! Oh to have the even the fragrance ! I love smelling it baking!

So sorry about your ,machine!

Charlene December 10, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

I love my breadmachine! My first one died years ago, and since I've been a SAHW these last months, I had mentioned to my mother that I was going to look for a new, inexpensive one--she has one that she's had a long time and seldom uses, so she told me to "borrow" it and just never return it, lol. (it was a gift so she didn't want to have to say that she gave it to me, lol)


I couldn't help but laugh at your comments about recycling, making gifts, and putting things under cloches--sometimes when I read blogs by so many talented ladies I feel so like a lump of bad dough in comparison!

Thanks for a good laugh this morning, and my sympathies about your loss!

Shirley December 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Oh, that is really funny! Well, now you can buy yourself a new bread machine for Christmas!! That's always good. When I set off on my Christmas present buying trek, I always buy myself something first. You know to rev up the charge card!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP