Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Made It

I was inspired to make some meaningful gifts this holiday season. It's been awhile since I've done some serious crafting, but I decided to jump right in and just 'do it'! This is the result.



Remember the mess I was making with paint? No, not when I was painting the wall last week and stepped backwards into the paint tray! Before that. Yes, when I was crafting the gift you see above. Here is the before:



The original picture was in an auction box I brought home. Not my thing so...I primed it and painted it white. I then used the computer for the wording and the biker. I painted those details with a black paint pen (that is where the mess came in, I kept putting my hand on the wet paint, sigh). I dry brushed brown paint over it to give it an aged wood look. Then I finished it off with a matt spray. The small gears that I glued on were free due to a coupon.
Total cost: pennies, my time, and complete satisfaction that I can 'do it'.



I gave this to my new and wonderful son-in-law, who just happens to be a biker.
  
I am linking up to my first Boardwalk Bragfest Wednesday.  Take a look and see what all the fuss is about!!!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

14 Blessed Comments:

Jane December 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Cindy,
This is fabulous! What a wonderful gift. My son is a cyclist and races almost every weekend...this immediately caught my eye. You did a wonderful job and for pennies!! Now...will you have these in your etsy shop??
Jane

Chatty Crone December 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Cindy,
You are one talented lady - that was really a great job.
Sandie

GARAGE SALE GAL December 1, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

That is a great Christmas gift that you made!
Fun gifts you won.
Such a busy time of year...
sure could use a few more hours in my day.
Deb

{ L } December 1, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Oh wow!! That turned out AWESOME! I can't believe you made it! Wow, I'm impressed. And I have a sign that is VERY similar with the "bicycle repairs". I have some photos of it on my blog but it's a way's back...September maybe??

Maureen December 2, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Cindy that is absolutely fabulous! Serious talent girl!

Barbara Jean December 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Cindy, This is great! love hte oclors, and hte ocntent.

Nice job.

I'll be linking up over at Jen's shortly too.

She really likes it when we brag. =0))

blessings
barbara jean

PS Thanks for all your visits.

Patti December 2, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Great recycling project!...and I saw your gifts that you won...lucky gal!

ClassyChassy December 2, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

What a wonderful project! Great job from start to finish!

Maggie B December 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Wow, Cindy,
What a makeover, just fab.
Maggie

Martha December 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

This is wonderful, lovely gift for your SIL. You are so creative, this turned out Fabulous!

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk December 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

That painting is one of the most unique I've seen. The added touches of the gears really adds the WOW! How clever you were to think of this project. I always wonder how people come up with their ideas. This is a great one, and I think it's time I brag a bit on you!

~ RM December 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

This is a wonderful gift! You are very talented!! Thanks for stopping by my blog also and for leaving a sweet comment! I really like your blog, I will come back often to check out more! :)
~RM
A Day in the Life...

Jessica December 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

aw thats super cute!! I am asking santa for a cricut for christmas so i am hoping to become a sign pro before too long!! dont mind if i have a look around, this is my first time here! thanks for stopping by over at my blog to see my desk (that i love and actually made my ornament wreath on!)

Anonymous,  December 6, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

I love it! I just hung it today, and I now have my own offical bike shop! Thank you!

Your Son-in-law

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP