Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birdcage Blues

What to do with a birdcage that lacks some luster...that needs some life...that needs to be jazzed?!?!



Well, first get out your $2.00 whoops paint in that just so pretty blue and get busy. Quickly dry brush it on. That's better.



Now to find some holiday greenery and berries from the stash. Then add a cute little bird and we are all happy.



Total cost including the birdcage (from an auction) was around $1.00. Yes, we are all happy indeed!

I'm joining Leigh's get together for Thrifty Thursday at her blog...check it out!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

24 Blessed Comments:

Chatty Crone December 2, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

Hope you win - that turned out quite nice.

And you are right about those power lines!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) December 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Hey Cindy,
I really like that idea! The possibilites are endless in how you can change this out for different holidays, great bargain hunting girl! Cindy

Kammy December 2, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

Great job Cindy , I love it !
Kammy

Leigh of Bloggeritaville December 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

One dollar? I think you win the prize for cutest and thriftist! That is adorable!
Thankyou! I appreciate you linking up in Bloggeritaville.
HUGS!
Leigh Bratina
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Patti December 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

I love your bircage...I imagine it will be fun to decorate each season...happy decorating!

pk December 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Definitely a thrifty bird cage! I love it's new paint color and accessories...

pk @ Room Remix

Diann December 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Hi Cindy!

Great idea for a birdcage!

Andrea December 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Wow...You have performed another miracle....this little bird cage is adorable.
Blessings, andrea

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage December 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

I love the blue on the birdcage, so pretty!!

alittlefrenchloven December 3, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

Hi Cindy! Thanks for stopping by my bloggie! I love what you did with your birdcage. I have one that looks similiar, and you gave me an idea of what I should do to it! I'm following you, can't wait to learn more from you!

Stella December 3, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

What a nice find. I really like the detail of the bird cage. Your little bird looks very happy in his new home. Thanks for sharing.

Jane December 3, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

That is a great transformation. I love the birdcage in the blue color. And you can't beat the price!!! You got some great stuff at your auctions!
Jane

The imPerfect Housewife December 3, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

You've GOT to be kidding me!!! That is beyond adorable - I love birdcage things and I did catch your good blog wishes - thank you! I don't want to go crazy on my day off but I think I just might. ♥

{Bellamere Cottage} December 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Sooo cute. Love it.

Warm blessings,
Spencer

~~Carol~~ December 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Awww darn, I thought the answer to that question was going to be that you send it to me! It looks fantastic! I decorated a birdcage for Christmas for the first time yesterday. It was outside all summer, and I had nowhere to put it inside, so I just shoved some fallen pine branches in there, and perched the bird on top of some ornaments. It seemed so obvious for cottage decorating, I don't know why I never did it before!

{ L } December 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Ohh! I wish you could make me one, lol...it is so pretty! The color is what makes it extra fabulous. Love it.

Amo December 3, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

You are always so creative! I love your transformations! You really have talent.

concretenprimroses December 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

So pretty! Nice shade of blue.
Kathy

Lindsey@creativeattempts December 6, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

That looks sooo great! And thanks for your comment on my bat story :) I don't know how you ever stayed sane after a snake was in your house!!

Anny December 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

So cute! Can you post a larger picture so we can get an idea of what the whole thing looks like?

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood December 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Anny,
I tried to take a full shot, but it was not coming out right with all the greenery in the birdcage. It was hard to see it right so that is why there is only a closeup. Sorry!

Ryan December 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

That birdcage is great! I have seen them around, but never really had a vision that suited me. I do like what you have done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP