Sunday, December 20, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?!?

I've been having a little attitude lately. That's me. When I hear someone start complaining, well...I think, are you kidding me?

I came across someone who was complaining about painting her home. She was wondering why, oh why, did she start this process at holiday time with the parties, the decorating, the gift buying, and blah, blah, blah!?!



Are you kidding me? You have a home...a beautiful home and you are complaining...ummm...why? Why are you not counting your blessings that you have a home?

I stumbled upon another person who was decorating a full tree for every room of her house. She was becoming stressed trying to get all this decorating done with not enough time in the day, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Are you kidding me? Who are you decorating for anyway if it stresses you out? Who is suffering besides yourself? Family, maybe? Why are you not counting your blessings instead of counting your trees?

I found someone's blog who, well, made me plain tired with everything she is doing for the holidays including revamping and rearranging furniture, painting everything, decorating to the max, and just plain overdoing until she is surely about to drop from pure exhaustion.

Are you kidding me? Listen, even Martha Stewart, can't do it all. She has a full staff for details and backup. Why not just take time to relax and count your blessings?

Now this won't be a popular post, I'm sure. But I'm older and wiser now and that is okay with me. Life is all about perspective. There are many who are not as fortunate as we are. We need to count our blessings!

A family friend of ours just passed away unexpectedly. He was is his 50's. I can't even imagine how his wife, a very sweet woman, will get through this holiday or the many more to come. She is all about family and friends. She knows how to make you feel good. Does she do it with a tree in every room, or freshly painted walls, or with everything being perfect? No. She approaches life with the right attitude, a simplistic manner, and a grateful heart. She counts her blessings. When she looks back upon her life...her memories will be filled with good times with family and friends.

What about you? What will your memories be about? Are you so busy you miss what is really important? Make this your best holiday yet...not by trees, decorations, or food. Make this your best holiday ever by counting your blessings.

Merry Christmas,
Cindy 

9 Blessed Comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL December 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I am counting my blessings :)
Life isn't always about "decorating and things"...
faith, family and freinds should be most important.
Deb :)

Farmgirl Cyn December 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

AMEN! We have cut back, pared down, and thrifted our way thru this Christmas. Saying that, I think this Christmas has been more peaceful, less hectic, and far more relaxing! It's all about Him!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) December 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

I do so humbly have to confess that any of these ladies could be me at times. I pray every moment for the Christ focus day and yet I do have such terrible lamb tendencies- straying through out the day- so thankful for a patient and kind and forgiving Lord!!

blessings
mary

Maureen December 20, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

How right you are. Just a few days ago I was out driving and it was bitterly cold. My thoughts turned to those who have no homes and are sleeping in the cold. I couldn't stop crying. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Mimi December 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

I learned long ago that the stress isn't worth it...I do what I know I can and forget the rest...my "Wonder Woman" days are behind me, thank you!
Merry Christmas!

ClassyChassy December 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Amen to this post! We should be counting our blessings - every single day! Thanks for posting this reminder!

The imPerfect Housewife December 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

You are such a joy and yes YOU have the right idea!! I can't stand hearing people tell me how busy they are - I feel like saying, "Yeah, whose fault is that??". I love the perspective that comes with age, or rather, experience! GREAT post ~ ♥

Chatty Crone December 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

You are absolutely right - especially today in this economy. We are hurting and I don't know if we have hit rock bottom yet - sorry to be sounding down - but it is a scary time.My husband is out of work. We have to appreciate the things we do have.
Sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP