Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's in a Name?

We all have names, but does your special little place that you call home have one? Does it not deserve one? Do you not put your blood, sweat, and tears into it to make it special for yourself and your family? Is it not a place where special moments are shared and traditions are formed?



My home is my haven. It is my safe place. It deserves a name and has the honor of going by Lakewood. Does that not sound like a retreat and somewhere you just want to be? In days gone by, folks had names for their homes. Go ahead and take the plunge. Bestow some history and some honor. Name your home. 

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

11 Blessed Comments:

Vickie's Michigan Garden (my backyard) November 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

I like the thoughts of that naming your home--wow it's going to take a little time to think of it.
vickie

Andrea November 17, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

We very affectionately call our home "The Perdue Zoo"....you would have to know us. We have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 out of five kids still living at home. There are many humans and furry friends in and out of our home. That is how the name evolved and we most certainly live up to it in more ways than one.
Blessings, andrea

Sandy aka Doris the Great November 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I want to name my new (3 yr for me) little home. But I can't think of an appropriate one!

Charlene November 17, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

We made the mistake of feeding a stray cat that came up and started living in our barn. The next thing we knew, there were 12 cats coming around---and various critters,like racoons and possums would eat out of the cat food bowls at night. We started putting out live traps to catch the varmints, and after catching a bunch of them, my dad told me he thought we should name our place "Possum Holler". Between the possums and the armadillos, I don't think we will ever be able to feed an outside animal again!

Jane November 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

That gives me a lot to think about. I don't know what we would name out house but I like the idea.
I think I'll get a tutorial put together for the papier mache snowmen. They're super easy and are fun to create. I don't know for sure when it will be posted but I'll let you know!
Jane

ClassyChassy November 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

I sure don't know what I'd name our place - Possum Holler is taken, apparently!!! Any ideas???

Amo November 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

I like this idea. Kinda like "Tara" from Gone With The Wind. Hmmm....I'll have to think on this one. I like your house's name! It does sound like a retreat!

GARAGE SALE GAL November 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

I named my home last year..
"The Ramblewood"

it's fun and part of the history of the location.
Deb :)

~~Carol~~ November 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

I did that when I started my blog! At first I thought it was pretentious, but then I thought, Why Not?! I love our home, and how it looks when I decorate it for July 4th, and my love of the flag, so it seemed fitting: Old Glory Cottage!
This was a great post, and I love the name of your home!

Laurie November 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

We call our home Rose Cottage.
I have always loved the idea of giving a home a name.
Love your blog too!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville November 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

I have called mine "Funky Town" in humor. I keep saying when we get our beach home it will be "Lasata" which is an Indian word that menas "place of peace".

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP