Hey, do you know Jane? If you don't, you should. She is a blogging buddy and a very creative gal. She shares and inspires over at her blog, Mamie Jane's. She just passed on the Kreative Blogger Award to me and I thank her for thinking of me.
1. One of my first jobs out of high school was to deliver babies. I was hired at the hospital to work in the nursery and I thought how lucky I was to work with the newborns. Immediately I was pulled from the nursery when a woman who was in labor was admitted. They told me to scrub. What...wait...huh...I'm only 18 years old and I know nothing!!! I learned on my feet as I assisted the doctor, handed him instruments, and learned to tie knots for the stitches. I even learned more as time went on and I became pretty good at what I did. So if ya ever need help delivering a baby...
2. I'm not the woman I once was. No, really! My face is different. Years ago, I had to have major oral surgery due to complications with my teeth and gums. And I mean major...I don't want to get too graphic, but even my cheek bones and nose were altered. My jaw was wired shut for months. Much later when I went out and about with Tool Man, people thought he was having an affair with another woman because they did not recognize me at first.
3. My true professional career began as a kindergarten and preschool teacher and progressed to being the director of a small college. No matter if the age of the student is 5 or 55, some of the problems are the same. I knew being a director was not for me when a college professor brought me a student that he kicked out of his class. This student was my age and a former soldier who wished to continue his education. He was apologizing to me for his behavior when all it was, was a personality conflict between a teacher and a student. Time for me to retire cause I wanted to rally for the student and put the professor in time out!
5. I love all critters and they love me. I have five of my own that were either abandoned or neglected and abused. What can I say...I'm a sucker. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was in high school, but women were strongly discouraged from that back in the early 70's. We might want to get married and have babies. All that time and education would be down the drain, you know!
6. I can't sing. At all! And to make matters worse, I come from a musical family. My sisters sing and can play musical instruments. My nieces and nephews are even more talented with performing in public and having their own band and entering competitions and being selected to sing in choirs that travel and so on. Okay, so I have other natural talents. Hmmm...I'll get back to you when I figure out what they are!
7. And last, but not least...I'm a homebody. I prefer staying at home. And I prefer keeping the same home. I moved around a lot as a child and did not like it. I was shy and backwards so it was hard for me to make friends. When I was first married Tool Man, we bought my Grandmother's trailer (no modulars then). Later we were able to buy a large, old home and lived there for 12 years. We bought and moved into our current home 17 years ago. And I love it here at Lakewood. No true need for vacations or to get away. Lakewood is my get away!
The 7 people that I would like to pass this award onto are:
1. Cindy @ Farm Girl Cyn
2. Kammy @ Small Home in the Country
3. Martha @ A Sense of Humor is Essential
4. ClassyChassy @ Expressly Corgi
5. Maureen @ The Green Suitcase
6. Sandy aka Doris the Great @ Aging Disgracefully
7. Charlene @ A Virtuous Woman
And here are the "official" rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Blogs.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.
Thank you again, Jane. Blessings to all!
Living it up at Lakewood,