Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Hey, do you know Jane? If you don't, you should. She is a blogging buddy and a very creative gal. She shares and inspires over at her blog, Mamie Jane's. She just passed on the Kreative Blogger Award to me and I thank her for thinking of me.





I started blogging when I left the corporate/business world to come back home at Lakewood to plant some roots. To plant some roots is being inspired and putting meaning into your life in order to leave a legacy for those you love. My dear Grandmothers provided me with so much including their understanding and devotion. They gave me roots and left me their legacy. I thank them and hope to do the same. 


The rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award ask that I name 7 things about me that you may not know. So here they are:


1. One of my first jobs out of high school was to deliver babies. I was hired at the hospital to work in the nursery and I thought how lucky I was to work with the newborns. Immediately I was pulled from the nursery when a woman who was in labor was admitted. They told me to scrub. What...wait...huh...I'm only 18 years old and I know nothing!!! I learned on my feet as I assisted the doctor, handed him instruments, and learned to tie knots for the stitches. I even learned more as time went on and I became pretty good at what I did. So if ya ever need help delivering a baby...


2. I'm not the woman I once was. No, really! My face is different. Years ago, I had to have major oral surgery due to complications with my teeth and gums. And I mean major...I don't want to get too graphic, but even my cheek bones and nose were altered. My jaw was wired shut for months. Much later when I went out and about with Tool Man, people thought he was having an affair with another woman because they did not recognize me at first. 
  
3. My true professional career began as a kindergarten and preschool teacher and progressed to being the director of a small college. No matter if the age of the student is 5 or 55, some of the problems are the same. I knew being a director was not for me when a college professor brought me a student that he kicked out of his class. This student was my age and a former soldier who wished to continue his education. He was apologizing to me for his behavior when all it was, was a personality conflict between a teacher and a student. Time for me to retire cause I wanted to rally for the student and put the professor in time out!


5. I love all critters and they love me. I have five of my own that were either abandoned or neglected and abused. What can I say...I'm a sucker. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was in high school, but women were strongly discouraged from that back in the early 70's. We might want to get married and have babies. All that time and education would be down the drain, you know!


6. I can't sing. At all! And to make matters worse, I come from a musical family. My sisters sing and can play musical instruments. My nieces and nephews are even more talented with performing in public and having their own band and entering competitions and being selected to sing in choirs that travel and so on. Okay, so I have other natural talents. Hmmm...I'll get back to you when I figure out what they are!


7. And last, but not least...I'm a homebody. I prefer staying at home. And I prefer keeping the same home. I moved around a lot as a child and did not like it. I was shy and backwards so it was hard for me to make friends. When I was first married Tool Man, we bought my Grandmother's trailer (no modulars then). Later we were able to buy a large, old home and lived there for 12 years. We bought and moved into our current home 17 years ago. And I love it here at Lakewood. No true need for vacations or to get away. Lakewood is my get away!


The 7 people that I would like to pass this award onto are:


1. Cindy @ Farm Girl Cyn
2. Kammy @ Small Home in the Country
3. Martha @ A Sense of Humor is Essential
4. ClassyChassy @ Expressly Corgi
5. Maureen @ The Green Suitcase
6. Sandy aka Doris the Great @ Aging Disgracefully
7. Charlene @ A Virtuous Woman


And here are the "official" rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Blogs.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.


Thank you again, Jane. Blessings to all!


Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

11 Blessed Comments:

Martha November 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Thank you so much for the Award!! You have had such fascinating adventures.
I love travel but am a homebody too.
Best to you always!

The imPerfect Housewife November 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I just love reading things like this about people!! Being content at home...is there anything better!?? Have a great Wednesday ~ ♥

Charlene November 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Thank you so much for such a great award--I appreciate the thoughtfulness, and will begin working on my award post soon!

Sorry to hear about the broken link--what you may need to do is "unsubscribe" or "unfollow" and then re-subscribe or -follow. I was having some problems with my blog feed, it was broken for a while, and I had to-do some of the code on my page to fix it. I have a feeling that your issue is related to the changes I had to make--you are probably subscribed to the old, broken feed instead of the new one. Try this and see if it works!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations November 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

I love reading these tags. You learn so much about people. It's more indepth than just how they decorate for Halloween. I'm glad you accepted this award.

Sandy aka Doris the Great November 4, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Thanks so much for the award! I love your blog.

So now -- to get to work on my post.

Jane November 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Cindy: I loved reading the 7 facts about you, it was all so interesting. To think...helping deliver babies right out of high school! Thanks for accepting the award and thanks for sharing so we could all get to know you a little better.
Jane

~~Carol~~ November 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Congrats on your award! I'll be checking out those blogs. Always love to discover new ones!

Maureen November 4, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Thanks for thinking of me Cindy. At first I freaked out and then I felt honored. So thank you. I'm right on it.

ClassyChassy November 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Thanks for the award - I am working on my post today - may have it ready for tomorrow! Hard to think of seven things to say about myself that no one knows....

Leigh of Bloggeritaville November 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I love reading thiese post and finding out more about people. Yours was very intersting! I am so with you on number 5. I wanted to be a vet. Close enough. I am a mom of three kids and five dogs. And those numbers are small in comparision to what is once was years ago..LOL
Re your sugrey, how did you do with looking completely different? I am sure that was a huge adjustment looking into a mirror and not seeing yourself? But for everything there is a reason and God to fill our needs.
HUGS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP