Monday, November 23, 2009

I Really Stepped In It This Time

Remember this picture from a previous post? She does not belong to me, but she is adorable...don't you agree? I used her picture to let you know I was busy that day with paint. I was making a mess painting. And yes, I will show you what I did. It's just that it is a present for someone special and they may see it on this blog. I'll post the results in a week or two.



Well, I'm painting again. Or should I say I'm making a mess again? This time it is a closet which will eventually become an office space. Now when I say I really stepped in it this time, I'm sure you already can envision what I did. Yep, I stepped into a tray of paint. Yep, I sure did. Had it sitting on the floor. Stepped backward. Had a foot of paint. Felt like I was in an 'I Love Lucy' episode.

Tool Man saw the humorous process and very politely asked if there was anything he could do. I said no as I'm lifting my foot out of the tray and watching the paint drop off of me, but I should have said, 'quick, get the camera and take a picture for my blog'!  :)

I'll be busy this week and I will try not to be too messy. I want to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Many blessings to each of you and your families. Enjoy your time together and just smile if you happen to make a mess. It might make a memory that will make you smile in years to come.

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

13 Blessed Comments:

Jane November 23, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

I can just picture you with your foot in the pan of paint :-) And how is it that our husbands always seem to be right there when something goes wrong?
Thanks for the Thanksgiving blessing. I wish the same for your and your family.
Jane

Maureen November 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Hahaha! I could be the Ethel to your Lucy! I paint well but boy am I messy!

On the bright side, at least it was just the tray, it could have been the gallon!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Martha November 23, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Thanks for the funny image of you stepping in the paint tray! Best Wishes to you and your family for a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!

pk November 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

That photo is so cute! Very curious to see what you're up to now :-)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

pk @ Room Remix

GARAGE SALE GAL November 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

I'm painting also...furniture to sell...
Love your new BLING!! What a deal!
Big time score on that!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Deb :)

Chatty Crone November 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Would have loved to see a picture of that - that's another good reason to blog!

ClassyChassy November 23, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

That is a beautiful and colorful photo - I so love it! I'm taking this Friday off from "GET R DONE FRIDAY", as we'll be having company from Wednesday through Saturday - but will be posting another project the following Friday! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving at Lakewood!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville November 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

HA! I cannot wait to see how it all turns out! Love ya friend!

Country Wings in Phoenix November 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Oh sweetie...
I am laughing my head off. I did the same thing not even a month ago when I was painting the dining room wall. I have to tell you that red paint did not come off my tile floor to easy either. It stained it a little. I was so mad I could have spit nails. I knew that pan was there, I truly did, and I just stepped right back. Luckily for me, there was nobody there to hear my hollering and spitting.

Thanks for sharing. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving sweetie. Country hugs and love, Sherry

LV November 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

No doubt your foot in paint would have made for a very interesting post. You need to have your camera handy at all times, as you never know what you will step in. Happy greetings to you and family.

Tara November 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

That is so funny! I felt the same way when I was making my pumpkin puree and left the blender lid off! Wish I would have gotten the picture of the aftermath!

The DIY Show Off November 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

oh no! I'm glad you can laugh about it! I'm laughing with you. :)

I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving too!

Roeshel

The imPerfect Housewife November 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

SO funny - to me and my dry foot! ha ha You have a great Thanksgiving, too!!! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP