Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Flea Season is Over

Yes, the flea season is over for me. I'm talking flea market season, of course! I don't have fleas, but if you want me to get started on the origin of how the phrase "flea market' began years ago, there is a connection. Ewww!!!



Anyway, as a buyer and seller, I have come to a close as an auction queen and flea market fanatic for now. If you visit me often, you know I'm as cheap frugal as can be. I enjoy my adventures in buying and turning items around for resale. I must admit, I have been lax in posting in detail about it all. I wonder how some bloggers can buy, remake, sell, and blog all about it on a daily basis. I'll take the titles for auction queen and flea market fanatic, but must pass on the crown to others who seem to be able to do it all by blogging in detail.



I've been very busy this week so I haven't blogged much. Since it is the end of the season for me, I've been taking inventory just as any business owner would. What sold, what sells well, what do I need to never, ever do again. I am developing a life plan. I cannot call it a business plan. I've done those before along with strategic plans for businesses and there is always one element left out. That element is the individual. What about fun? What about family and friends? What about balance?



So after leaving the business world and spending this year in the field of being a simplicity seeker, I need to continue to determine the best ways to reuse, refurbish, and recycle. It involves my life plan and contains my top ten list. Do you have a top ten of what you value? You should. It is so much easier to do than resolutions every year which get you absolutely nowhere!



I know I will be changing my strategy for next year. And even though the season is officially over for me, it does not mean that I cannot hit an auction or a flea market just for fun. It's in my blood, it's a passion, and it fits in my top ten. So...do you have a top ten list?!?

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

9 Blessed Comments:

Patti November 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

I don't have a top ten list...couldn't even think of narrowing it down to ten things!! haha....but I do make lists all the time and scratch off my accomplishments - that way I feel I am always moving forward!

~~Carol~~ November 11, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Four of the saddest words in the English language: Flea Season Is Over. Or: Garage Sale Season Is Over. Well, that's five words, but still very sad!

Andrea November 11, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

I hit a couple of GOOD WILL stores today and found a few treasures. I love being frugal.
Blessings, andrea

Jane November 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

I don't have a top 10 list but probably should...you've got me thinking!
Jane

Brenda November 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Thanks for stopping by! I love to go flea marketing. Did not get to do as much this past season because my part time job turned into a almost full time job. Have more money to do the things I love but less time to do them.

Maureen November 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

How will you survive? Hunker down and prep stuff for spring I guess!

I'm with you. How do people find the time to blog with all the other stuff going on? Soon I'll be going back to a group shop and who knows how much I'll be able to blog.

{ L } November 12, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

You know I am DYING to go to a flea market and I have never ever been to one! But hearing all about them on blogs has got me SO curious. :D

Leigh of Bloggeritaville November 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Good post! I guess I havent thought of a top ten list, though I guess i do have one that I refer to subconciously. I am going to give it some thought.
Wish we lived close so we could unearth some fleas! wink
I appreciate your sweet comments so very much! I am sure you could do this. If you do, be sure to post it on your blog and shoot me the link so I can give you proper link love!
Thanks for dropping by Bloggeritaville today! You're a sweet friend to me.
HUGS!
Leigh Bratina
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  January 25, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP