Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You Know You Are Living It Up When...

You know you are living it up when...



1. You garden for fresh and healthy foods and discover restaurant food is no longer appealing.

2. Your relationship with nature makes you a better person as it brings you to a higher level of appreciation.

3. You prefer the hunt of thrifting versus store shopping with all its hassles and ridiculous pricing.

4. You would rather make it yourself than to buy it from a catalog.

5. You have a modest little home, yet it is your one-of-a-kind, special cottage (or castle).

6. Your beauty products come from basic ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator.

7. You buy oops paint because someone else's mistake becomes the perfect color for your needs.

8. You have unfinished projects which can only mean you are very blessed and so creative.

9. You have good friends you have never personally met (through blogland).

10. You live through God for your family, friends, and yourself.

There you have my top ten! Anyone else out there living it up?

Always living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

8 Blessed Comments:

ClassyChassy October 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Great thoughts today - makes you appreciate the little things in life, and realize they are really the BEST things!

Farmgirl Cyn October 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

I couldn't have said it better myself! I especially like the one about unfinished projects....me and unfinished projects go WAY back!

Jane October 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Cindy,
Great post...I can relate to so many of your top ten (except the gardening part!!)
Jane

LV October 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

I loved the picture and your thoughts are wonderful. They are true as for as I am concerned. Glad you left me a comment.

Becky October 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

Great sentiments!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words for my Petey.

Amo October 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Thank you for helping me remember how blessed I am.

Maureen October 30, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Oh Cindy - great post. I can check off 90% of the list.

Erin November 20, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

My family said I've ruined them for restaurants! How cool is that to hear from a 10-year old and a 13-year old? Yep, a lot of items on your list now apply to our lives and each year seems to be more and more fulfilling. Glad we're not the only oneS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP