Friday, October 9, 2009

Ten Tasks in Ten Days Update

I thought I better address my progress with the challenge I so willingly (?) accepted.
It was presented by Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage.
Complete Ten Tasks in Ten Days.
This was good for me to just 'DO IT'. So here we go...

My tasks:
1. Clean out the garden - done 
I've cleaned out the vegetable beds, hoed, raked, and put newspaper down. When the leaves start to fall, I will mulch them and put them in the beds. I will be ready for spring! How does your garden look?

2. Research and plant Russian Sage
I have completed my research. This is such a beautiful and airy plant with lavender blooms. After my research, I have decided to place my four plants in the middle bed of the vegetable garden to add drama. If it stops raining... 

3. Paint something aqua :) - done



Since I love the color aqua, I've decided to add touches of it within my home. I'm really interested in using this color in my kitchen. I took my little scuffed up, brown bird, painted him aqua, and toned him down him down some. What do you think?




4. Open my Etsy Shop
I named my shop 'Shop at Lakewood'. So far, I have a banner, an introduction, and a short profile and picture. I kept thinking everything had to be perfect and if I wait, it will never be done. This will work for now. I've selected ten items, researched their worth, and took pictures. As some of you may know, opening an online shop takes a lot of work. Who out there has an Etsy Shop?  Any advice?

5. Box up some clutter and take to Goodwill - done
Enough said!

6. Do new slipcovers on wicker chairs - done
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this. I have white walls, white wicker chairs, and white cushions. The striped material I used for this task came from an auction. I paid $4 for a box with a very cool shelf, a pair of drapes, a fitted couch slipcover, and a throw couch slipcover. All were in excellent shape. I took the one slipcover and now have new cushions for my chairs. I really like them, but I'm not done yet. I will add some pillows with color for some punch.





7. Rearrange the living room furniture

8. Give my lamp a new life
I will be working on this the afternoon. What fun!

9. Redo my little stool
It is taken apart. I need to decide what look I want.

10. Put shelves in the new closet

Well, I do have some work to complete so I better get to it. I hope you find the time to complete all your tasks on your list! Have a wonderful weekend!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

7 Blessed Comments:

Leigh of Bloggeritaville October 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Now I KNOW you are feeling accomplished, as you should! That's awesome! I love the "paint something aqua" thats my favorite color. It reminds me of the mexican sea! Just thought I would stop by and say Thank you for being a follower of Tales from Bloggeritaville.Have a wonderful weekend!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) October 9, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Hi Cindy,
You've been busy girl!! Your gifts arrived today and they are all so cute!! Thank-you so very much!! I will put them in my post next week for a meme I'm participating in!! I will let you know so you can come by and see the pics, I have them arranged outside and they are looking mighty cute! Have a wonderful week-end and don't work too hard! Cindy

The imPerfect Housewife October 9, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Oh, I like games! If you ever play "10 Tasks in 6 Months" let me know!!! It would be cutting it close, but I'm up for the challenge. :D OK, that little birdie with the aqua touch-ups is ADORABLE - it's just enough to give it some color and not too much. I'm off to check out your Etsy shop - sounds like fun!! GREAT job on the 10 tasks, seriously! ♥

Charlene October 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

I thought I had done well when I completed the "Three projects in three weeks" challenge! You seem to be on track and on task so far--good luck to you!

Jane October 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

OK...I got tired just reading about all you got finished :-) Wow...that is quite a challenge but I am SO impressed with everything you accomplished. Now...get back to work :-)

Becky October 10, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Go Cindy! No really - go! I gotta quit reading all these blogs and get to work, don't you?

;) heehee

Farmgirl Cyn October 10, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

I especially love the touches of aqua on the bird.
I agree with the imPerfect housewife...10 tasks in 10 days is too much for me! I feel fortunate when I get done with the stuff that HAS to be done!!! Like dishes done, laundry washed, dried and put away, supper on the table...see what I mean???

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP