Monday, October 5, 2009

Ten Projects in Ten Days

Hmmm...should I or shouldn't I?!? How many things do you have on your special, little 'to do' list? I have too many. Really, I don't even need that 'to do' list. Everywhere I look, there is something to do. That's what happens when one gets a little over ambitious and decides to knock out a wall and extend the kitchen, take a bedroom and make it into a craft room, take a tiny, little office and make it into a closet area for storage, and...I think you get the picture.



So that question of should I or shouldn't I comes into play. I went and visited Gina over at The Shabby Chic Cottage . Darn her. She throws out a challenge. It's a good one. Complete ten projects in ten days. But darn her. That's one heck of a challenge and many of us need that swift kick. My problem is that so many of my projects are huge and there is no way they can be accomplished in ten days. Am I making excuses? Yes...

What I decided to do was make a list of things that have a high probability of getting done if I get busy. And then it struck me. I've been overwhelmed lately and not accomplishing anything. Instead of doing a few small things, I'm waiting to find time to get the major things done.

So what if I can't get a whole room painted. I can spray paint a few accessories to jazz my color scheme. So what if I don't have time right now to stain the kitchen cupboards within the next ten days. I can redo my little lamp on the kitchen counter. And so what if I won't be able to redo a large piece of furniture. Now is the time to take that little stool and make it mine.

Okay Gina, I accept your challenge. And thank you for making me move forward. I'm inspired!

My Projects:
1. Clean out the garden
2. Research and plant Russian Sage
3. Paint something aqua :)
4. Open my Etsy shop
5. Box up some clutter and take to Goodwill
6. Do new slipcovers on wicker chairs
7. Rearrange the living room furniture
8. Give my lamp a new life
9. Redo my little stool
10. Put shelves in the new closet

Let the countdown begin!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

2 Blessed Comments:

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage October 5, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Believe me, I needed the kick, too. I've had the paint in my cabinet for SIX MONTHS to paint the ceilings in my hallways. I did them last night! WOO HOO! I'll be by to cheer you along the way!

Nezzy October 6, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

WoW! You go girl!! This Ozarks farm chick soooo buried under the big projects that must be finished before winter really sets in that if I were to add more....well let's just say it wouldn't get done or I'd die tryin'.

I enjoyed my trek through your blog. Ya'll have a wonderful day full of blessings. BTW...GOOD LUCK!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP