Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mixing It Up

I began the weekend with moving my living room furniture to come up with a comforting and pleasing arrangement. Now I love my house, but my living room and I are not on the best terms. I've lived in this house 17 years. You think I would find the perfect arrangement by now. The issues that I am up against include no entryway (you open the door and you're smack dab in the living room), an open staircase to the basement, a open view of the kitchen and the sink from the living room's front door, and a long, narrow space that is broken up way too much.

So to my surprise I have found a layout I actually like. To arrive there...almost every piece of furniture in this house has been moved to a new room. I decided it was time to mix it up. I have pushed and shoved with a vengeance.

And I will admit that I have done everything backwards to what I normally would have done when it comes to a redo. So I have been really mixing it up. I mean you have to paint the walls before you decorate, right? You need to clean those carpets before you even begin to push furniture around, correct? Nope! I discovered that if I did things the 'right' way, they may never happen.

So let's mix it up! After taking the plunge and moving all this furniture around and liking it, my style is starting to surface. I'm seeing what colors would look nice on the walls. I'm discovering what color my furniture (including the above bookshelf) is begging for in paint. And now I'm loving the idea of putting together a home, not just a house.

Now that I am happy with the arrangement...do I want to tackle painting immediately or wait until after the holidays? Do you realize that there are only 36 days until Thanksgiving and 65 days until Christmas? Yikes! I think I will take my time and let life happen naturally. Now that's is a novel idea!

Mixing it up at Lakewood,
Cindy 

5 Blessed Comments:

Andrea October 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Glad you found a way that is comfortable and works best for you.

Blessings, andrea

Sandy aka Doris the Great October 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

I'm with you on the moving and shoving and rearranging every piece of furniture in the house. I did that just a couple of months ago and my back is still complaining! But where are those pictures? You can't tell us things like that and not follow through with pictures! I feel cheated! I need a peep!!

PS - Wait until after the holidays!

Miss Mustard Seed October 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

I love moving furniture around. My poor husband has gotten use to the dreaded question, "can you help me move a few things?" His answer is almost always, "What's going where?" He puts up with a lot!

Jane October 22, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

I'm glad you found an arrangement you are happy with....sometimes the "aha" moment happens and all the pieces fall into place...but I'm with Sandy....where are the pictures...do we have to wait until you are finished???
Have a great day.
Jane

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest October 22, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP