Thursday, October 15, 2009

I've Been Busy

I took yesterday off from working on my ten tasks in ten days. The weather was dreary and I was tired. Part of my problem was that I was not feeling well and I hurt my foot. Piece of advice...when your foot is asleep, give it some time before walking on it or you will pay the price. Ouch!

My ten tasks:

1. Clean out the garden - done

2. Research and plant Russian Sage - done

3. Paint something aqua - done



Brown scuffed up, 25 cent bird transformed...



4. Open my Etsy Shop - Shop at Lakewood is open and will soon have listings

5. Box up some clutter and take to Goodwill - done

6. Do new slipcovers on wicker chairs - done



Took slipcovers won from an auction and redid two chairs.
Cost was less than $1.



7. Rearrange the living room furniture - scheduled this weekend since I hurt my foot

8. Give my lamp a new life - done



Yard sale lamp for $1 redid with materials on hand.



9. Redo my little stool - done



This little vintage stool was with a lot purchased at an auction. I used materials on hand and the total cost came under $1.00 including the price of the stool.



10. Make 15 wreaths for seasonal sales - done

Okay, I think I just might need another day off!

 
Please go, have some fun and check out what everyone else is up to...
Transformation Thursday
I love vintage, I love thrifty, and I love transformations!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

21 Blessed Comments:

viridian October 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

My goodness you are busy! I like the little stool at the end and how you have finished it.

Lisa @ Another Day Today October 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

You're as busy as a bee!

Love the little bird, he's so sweet :)

Christine October 15, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

That 25 cent bird is especially sweet. You got a lot done!

Amo October 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

That is awesome! You are so creative and you've done a great job!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations October 15, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

You have been busy. That would have taken me a month. Nice transformations on your projects.

Happy Cottage Quilter October 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Sounds like you have been busy! Love your creative touch.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Maureen October 15, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Wow - a busy beaver! Love your lamp and stool redo's!

Kim @ Starshine Chic October 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I'm impressed on all you got accomplished. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great October 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Heavens to Murgatroid!! Yes, sit down woman! My to do list is very long as well; but the only things lately I've been able to check off are:

1. Relax because cooking a turkey dinner for 9 is hard work - DONE
2. Leave ironing until next weekend - DONE
3. Recline on sofa 'cause ALL children are gone - To be done tonight

You're a hard woman to keep up with!

Debbie October 15, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Wow, you have accomplished quite a bit. The little stool looks great refinished.

Jane October 15, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Congratulations on finishing all of those projects....I am very impressed. Hope your foot feels better!!
Jane

Coloradolady October 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Goodness...you have been busy...lots of great vintage creations going on!

Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

The Quintessential Magpie October 15, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Wow, you have been one busy, lady! Come stand by me, and hopefully some of that energy will rub off! Love your thrifty finds and what you did with them. Good work!

Happy Thrifty Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Leigh of Bloggeritaville October 15, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

You HAVE been busy! Great work there. I love what ytou did with all of it. A lil love goes a long way! Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! Some great finds, my friend!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
wwwlbratina.blogspot.com

Miss Mustard Seed October 15, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Wow! You've been super busy. Thanks for sharing all of your projects with us. I love you quarter bird.

{ L } October 16, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Wow, you are super busy and productive! That's fabulous. That little bird is adorable!

GARAGE SALE GAL October 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Good for you...I need to make a list as I'm just going from one thing to another and nothing is done:)
Nice job on the little foot stool.
Deb :)

JEWELGIRL October 17, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

It would be great to do fun projects
like these! Way better than doing housework! LOL

racheld October 18, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

I'm late, as usual, but no less admiring of all the transformations!! I especially love the little stool, with its new purpose and new garb. Nice.

Donna October 19, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

OMG, Cindy, your 10 tasks in 10 days made me TIRED just reading it!! Holy cow, you are on a roll!!! Thanks for visiting and yes - I agree about needing more light now that it's getting dark earlier... I long for the June evenings when it didn't get dark until 9pm... (sigh....) ... Okay, I seriously need to put some thought into 10 tasks in 10 days myself!... Donna

Charlene October 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Congratulations on completing your projects---good job on everything, but I espeically love the little stool re-do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP