Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Raining



As the damp and dreary weather closes in on me, my thoughts turn to hiking through colorful and showy landscapes with blue skies. The sun provides warmth on my shoulders while the air is cool and crisp with the season. I delight in the creatures who busy themselves around me in preparation of the coming winter. I take my time and gather the season's decorations to fill my home with the wonders of nature. Ahhh...I love fall!



I will turn those thoughts into reality when it stops raining and dries out. Maybe this weekend. For now, I'm trying to stay snug and enjoy an otherwise miserable day. The house is filled with the aroma of my freshly baked banana bread. I've put on my special socks that keep me warm and I've pulled out a stack of seasonal magazines to enjoy. Will I get any work done today? Maybe, if it quits raining! :)

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

5 Blessed Comments:

Lisa @ Another Day Today October 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

It's a rainy day here as well. After I take the Princess to the dentist, I think I'll make some banana bread :) You've inspired me!

Lisa

Jane October 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Sounds like we are experiencing the same weather...a comfy pair of socks, a warm blanket and a good stack of magazines sounds great.
Jane

Andrea October 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Beautiful blog. Love your pictures. Just joined to follow.

Blessings,andrea

Farmgirl Cyn October 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Not raining here, just chilly. Still have my comfy warm socks on tho, and getting some projects ready to create this week. Lots of our holiday gift giving will be handmade this year, so I have lots to do! The cooler weather is just right for busy work, isn't it?

Amo October 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

It has only been sunny here one day in the entire month of October! That's it! One day! Rain, rain go away! It is starting to get depressing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP