Monday, October 12, 2009

I Needed Four Hands

Old Lamp:
 


Old Lamp Transformed:
 

 
It is not perfect, but better as I'm ridding the house of hunter green to replace it with my new color palette. The above photo is not showing the true color of the shade. It's actually a soft aqua.

This is my first time remaking a lamp. No difficulties until I went to recover the shade with material. I did not know that I would need four hands. Too late! So once I started, I had to finish.

Everything I used, I currently had except for the spray paint which is a hammered finish by rust-oleum. It was fun to see what I could create from my own stash. This was a very thrifty project as the lamp was only a dollar from a yard sale.

My 'new' little lamp for now has a home on the kitchen counter to brighten up a dark corner. This was a great way to bring my new love of the color aqua into my kitchen area.

Can I ask...how many times have you needed four hands?

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

6 Blessed Comments:

LV October 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

What a differences you made in that lamp. I like your new look.

ClassyChassy October 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I need 4 hands when I brush one particular Corgi! She is definitely a handfull! Love your lamp transformation! GET R DONE! Great job!

Martha October 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Any craft project, RN career and when I became a mom too.
Precious lamp, wonderful work!

Jane October 12, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Hi Cindy:
Your lamp looks great. You have been one busy girl! I have never attempted a lamp project before but I have needed 4 hands when I tried to solder some jump rings on a soldered piece I was making....I think I finally gave up on it!!
Have a great week.
Jane

Patti October 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

I also needed 4 hands the other dya when I covered a lampshade with tissue paper...I had spray adhesive and mod podge everywhere! - so I feel your pain..:-)

Mimi October 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Ohhh, that is pretty! One of my favorite colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP