Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flea Market Finds

While I was a vendor at the flea market over the weekend, I took a needed break to go explore, discover, and score special finds.



See my little fan? I buy vintage fans all the time, then I resell them. I saw this Kenmore cutie on the ground under a table. It was the perfect size, the perfect color, and the perfect price...for me to keep! I spent a whopping $5.00 for this baby and it works. It will receive a serious cleaning and have front row seating on my bookcase.


I collect birds and found this guy at the bottom of a box at the same flea market. He just needs some TLC. The vendor was one of my friendly competitors, so I held up the bird and said I'd pay a quarter for him. Done deal!


Now join Suzanne at Vintage Thingies Thursday and Leigh at Thrifty Thursday to see other done deals!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

PS-Scroll down to see my birth announcement!

40 Blessed Comments:

Barb October 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

nice finds.
I'm loving old fans too, and just bought another one over the weekend.

Cute birdie.

blessings
barbara jean

~~Carol~~ October 7, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Seriously drooling over that fan! That's on my list of must-haves. I've been pricing them on Ebay, and you got it for a steal! And the little birdie is so sweet too.
Happy VTT!

LV October 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

You did really well with your flea market finds. I trust you okay with your sale. I have not been to a flea market lately. The ones around here got too trashy.

Elizabeth October 7, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

My parents still use fans like that!

Postcardy October 7, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

The fan is cute but it looks like it could slice off your fingers!

Kathi Fly October 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Wow! You found some real treasures! Love the fan and the little bird is so charming! He will be beautiful on display. Thanks for sharing!

marian October 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

lucky you!!..i LOVE those old fans and that little bird's a cutie too!

Maureen October 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Love that fan! A keeper? I've seen retro "style" fans for sale the last few years and they charge a fortune for them. You get the real thing for only $5! Deal!

GARAGE SALE GAL October 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

What a sweet little birdie:)
Hope your selling went well at the flea market. Fans are a good seller around here.
Guess I need to think about Christmas goodies..I have a few totes of them to price.
Deb

JEWELGIRL October 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

I like the sweet bird. Love finding
nice things like these at flea markets!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage October 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

I love the vintage fan and the cute little bird. Great finds!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville October 8, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

LOVE.That.Fan!
And the bird too!
Thanks for linking up this week with your treasures!
Hugs,
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Debbie October 8, 2009 at 1:47 AM  

Great finds. The old fans have so much character.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove October 8, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Nice finds! And good bargaining skills! LOL

Ulla October 8, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

The little bird is so pretty!

Miri October 8, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Great finds!

When I used to sell at craft fairs, I sometimes thought we vendors were each others best customers! ;)

Keetha Broyles October 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

You bought a finger chopper!!!! Hehehehehe

I love the little bird, and I love him just the way he is.

Kirby3131 October 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I just found my grandmother's fan when i was clearing out stuff for a garage sale. I ALMOST put it in the sale, even though I love it dearly. I have to get it back out, I do. You've inspired me (again!)

Kristin - The Goat

The Crazy Suburban Mom October 8, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I love that fan, visually... Its so attractive and I adore that bird. I so totally would have got that too

racheld October 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

OH, THAT FAN! Does the cord have one of those kinda knit herringbone covers that make it fat and round?

Thank you for dropping in at Lawn Tea!

rachel

cindy@cottage instincts October 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

I'm bird collector too! And I'm sorely tempted to grab me a few fans :o) Thanks for stopping by!
peace. cindy

Carrie October 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

I can remember our having a fan like that when we were growing up in New York...brings back memories...

Jingle October 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

I love that fan! I've always loved vintage fans - they are just too cool! Your little bird was a great deal and so cute!

Lisa October 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I've been looking for a fan like that! I love it!

Ally0005 October 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Oh my I love that fan. I would love to find one and for $5.00 what a deal!!!

Ally

Coloradolady October 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

WHat a great fan...when I find them around here, they are way out of my price range...loved yours.

Have a great weekend and a wonderful VTT!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville October 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

...Sending you some link love on my blog tomorrow. Thanks friend!

jeanne October 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Terrific find and I love the little bird. I too collect birds and love the hunt. Especially if they cost a quarter. LOL.

Good luck with your flea market venture. I hope all goes well. I would love to be there buying your treasures.

Hugs, Jeanne

Mimi October 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Great finds, especially the fan!

Becky October 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

I like that fan! I had one that totally worked for years and years. It was also a Kenmore and had ribbons instead of fan blades!

What is your birdie made of? How will you clean it up?

PS. Thanks for stopping by the blog last week. We are doing as well as can be expected.

viridian October 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog. The sound of those old fans brings back memories of grandma's house.

Happy Cottage Quilter October 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

I love the fan. And how cool that it still works! I'm just getting around to visiting the VTT blogs. It's always so fun to see what everyone is showing.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Sandy October 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

I like the fan too! And the fact that it still works shows you how they made things back then....to stay working for a long time! The little bird is too cute! I have a friend that would love him!

mannequin October 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

He's gorgeous! A quarter for a bird.
Don't ya just love little glittery birds? They're my favorite.
And yes! I love your fan.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations October 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

You got a good deal, especially on the little bird. You will have to show us what you have done with him.

Roslyn October 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

You may be living it up in Lakewood-but you don't have "sporks" do ya?!
Your fan is a keeper-have to keep the fingers away from the moving blades-ask me how I know,lol!
I was maybe-4 or 5 when I stuck my finger in a fan!

hip chick October 9, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

you found some great things. I hope you did as well at your table.

Melissa B October 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Great to see your auction finds! I have a bird I found that looks just like this, but acts as a soap dish on the outside of our house by the hose!

Suzy October 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Love the vintage fan. I used to have a little black one, but it must have ended up with the ex! lol Cute birdie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP