Thursday, October 1, 2009

Birth Announcement



I have an announcement. It is a birth announcement, but not the type of birth that immediately comes to mind as in the birth of a baby. No, this is the birth of an idea. An idea that was born from my blogging experience.



I'm a newbie at blogging and what I have discovered is a very creative and supportive group of bloggers who share their experiences so others can learn from them through their triumphs and mistakes. The act of sharing is a very powerful way to reach out to help others connect, discover, and learn.

So here is the birth announcement! It is the birth of Creative Cafe, a radio talk show for lifestyle bloggers and readers. Ever have the luxury to sit in a cafe and share a cup of coffee or tea to discuss the ins and outs with your girlfriends? Whether that is a yes or no, do you want to? That is Creative Cafe. It is in a fun, easy format with friends coming together to share experiences. Discussions will include decorating, being thrifty, gardening, crafts, simplicity, nature, hobbies, passions, and just plain old chit chat. 



How will this work? Right on your own computer! Shows will be live and also recorded for your convenience. Turn on your computer to take a listen when your busy schedule allows. If you listen live, you will have the opportunity to call in to ask questions or give your two cents worth.

I am looking for dedicated bloggers who would like to join me on a show. Have an announcement, a special service, or a tip for the day? Join me as a guest! We'll make it fun. I promise! It will allow you the opportunity to showcase your blog and what you are about.

So when will Creative Cafe go live? I'm currently scheduling shows for 2010 which really is just around the corner, folks. I thought it might be fun to throw a couple of special shows in before the end of the year just so we can become more acquainted. Anyone have any special holiday ideas that you want to share? Come share on Creative Cafe so more people have the opportunity to connect with your creativity and visit your blog. 

Shows for 2010 will be scheduled for Tuesdays at 11:00 am eastern time. More information will be coming soon. If you have any questions or would like to be considered for a future show, please email me at cindyc(at)kvnet(dot)org.

Please feel free to post a comment on this adventure. At this point, there is some flexibility and I will take all suggestions into consideration. In fact, I want suggestions and feedback as Creative Cafe is for you, the lifestyle blogger. Remember, I'm a new mother with the birth of Creative Cafe. I will need your help! I appreciate you!

Living it up at Lakewood & Soon at Creative Cafe,
Cindy 

11 Blessed Comments:

Miss Mustard Seed October 2, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

What a great idea. I'd love to be a part, however I can. I am new to blogging as well (about 2 months) and really enjoy the outlet. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That's how I found you. I wish you the best in your new venture and congratulations!

The DIY Show Off October 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Sounds like fun! I hope to join in on occasion...I've never been a part of a radio talk show so I'm not sure what I can contribute but I look forward to seeing what it's all about!

Thanks for stopping by to see me today. It's a pleasure to "meet" you! :)

Roeshel

Purple and Paisley October 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on the women's circle magazines from the 60's - so glad they made you laugh, too...

and wow on the creative cafe idea! i will for sure be back...keep us posted! ☺

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage October 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

I would LOVE to join in for your new radio show. This is a wonderful idea!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) October 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

What a unique and interesting idea!! I look forward to see how it all works- this tech stuff is beyond me most of the time- I really am surprised I even got the hang of how to blog!

Congratulations to Cindy on her sweet win! She has a wonderful blog-

Be Blessed!
Mary

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) October 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Sound like fun! I am excited to see how this works! Thanks again I am so excited about winning ! Cindy

black eyed susans kitchen October 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Sounds interesting and different. I will check in again to see how this will work out.
♥, Susan

Sandy October 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Cindy,
Sounds like a blast! I can't wait to see how it works! I just love your blog by the way, it is such a nice place to visit! :)

Nezzy October 5, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Super idea. I'm a newbie also and sooo still learnin' the ins and outs of the blogging world. I would love to join in but I am stuck in the middle of a large working farm in the middle of the Ozarks hills and hollers and am stuck with a very s-L-o-W dial-up. Nope, no high-speed internet available in our dead zone.

Good luck, it sounds like a great project. Have a beautiful Fall Monday!!!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville October 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

Sounds fun! Great idea! Your fabulous!

Becky October 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Well, I got all excited thinking we had a new baby type baby heading into "our" world.

But this is exciting too! Count me in to help in any way I am able.

You could interview different fabric and/or pattern designers. Live or recorded via telephone.

What crafts do you want to cover?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP