Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten



Yes...it's the truth. All I really needed to know I learned in kindergarten. Why I continued my formal education, I'll never know. Throughout the years I studied, made the honor roll, and went to college. From there, I became a kindergarten teacher. That's when it hit me. Kindergarten is the heart and soul of the educational system.

Do you know of Robert Fulghum? He is a writer of uncommon thoughts on common things. He wrote one of my favorite books. It was a number one bestseller and yes, the title is 'All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten'.

Kindergarten provides education in the most simplistic form. Simplicity is what I seek. Let me share with you his philosophy on what we learn in kindergarten:

Share everything.
Play Fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life-learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.

These are wonderful rules to live by. These simplistic ideas are so powerful that we could have world peace if they were followed by all. I'm just saying...

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

3 Blessed Comments:

Farmgirl Cyn October 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

I read his book years ago, and totally agree with you! Now, if we could all just play nice!

Jane October 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Words to live by...I like the last one best "take a nap everyday"!!!
Jane

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP