Monday, September 28, 2009

What's Your Design Style?

HomeGoods has a quiz to determine your design style. I went to their website after discovering this offering from another blogger (sorry, can't remember who and where).



I think I'm complicated. After all, I can't even determine my own style. How can a website do any better? I know what I like when I see it and I can't always put it into words. I was intrigued by this and decided it might be fun. I took the short quiz and my design style is Elegant Classic. At first I thought, no, can't be. But when I read the following description, I believe it to be correct. This is the result...

Elegant Classic:

You have a refined sensibility with an appreciation for history and tradition in your furniture and your rooms. You value beauty, things that are well crafted, and family heirlooms. You are visually sensitive and understand how symmetry and a formal layout give order to a room, and hence your home is refined and calming. You are not taken in by the trends of the moment. You go for things with a timeless appeal, and appreciate old-fashioned virtues like manners and handwritten notes and making a home that is welcoming for others.

You value serenity. While there are probably a lot of interesting things in your home, they are joined by your taste or a certain palette that keeps them in harmony. You appreciate the beauty in simple forms. Whether fancy or plain, you appreciate things that are well made and function as well as they look. You also have a strong respect for the environment and craftsmanship. You care about how things are made, and how they are used.

So I'm an Elegant Classic in a goofy, comfy, down-to-earth sort of way!  :)

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

3 Blessed Comments:

Its So Very Cheri September 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

Sorry I havem't gotten back to you I am just so busy right now between my announcement and we are leaving on a trip back to KC for almost 2 weeks but I promise when things slow down I will.

Cheri

Jane September 29, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

What a fun quiz....after reading your design style I thought to myself that it sounds a lot like me....now I'm going to have to take the quiz and see if it is...I'll let you know.
Jane

Anny September 29, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Aww that's such a cool description :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP