Sunday, September 20, 2009

Remember The 60's?



If you are old enough to remember and to experience the 60's, you may want to watch Oprah this Monday, September 21. She is going back in time to celebrate the 60's. Before I continue, I am not an Oprah fan. I could care less one way or another. There...I've been honest. But I'm mentioning all of this because this little retro show of hers might be fun. Apparently, she will have the cast of Mad Men on and I have never seen this show or even care to. As you can tell, I'm not really into tv and all its little celebrities. 

But I am fascinated on how history affects and shapes our culture's attitude towards fashion, values, trends, etc.  So I will be watching this 60's show to experience again the cool threads, far-out gadgets, unforgettable marketing slogans, pop music, and our all time favorite products.

Now I must get ready for the event. I haven't decided if I will iron my hair or just use juice cans to help straighten it and give it some bounce (yes, I used to use juice cans). And where did I put my mini-skirt and boots (I even had fishnet stockings)? I need to pull out my Beatles albums (I still have them), whoops...don't have a record player anymore. Well, I can still fix a snack of Jiffy Pop! Anyone up for a quick game of Twister?

So stay 'cool' and have a 'blast' reliving the 60's!

*Reminder! Become a follower to enter my give away and I'll hop on over to visit and follow you, too! Thanks!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

3 Blessed Comments:

Farmgirl Cyn September 20, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

I, also, am not a fan of O's, but I DO love her giant giveaway show, and Monday's show would be right up my alley! I spent my formative years in the 60's, so I just might take a peek on Monday.

Jane September 20, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Very cute post! I do remember the 60's and you nailed it. My mom had the most outrageous jumpsuit that she made for herself...it was blue with HUGE flowers...sleeveless with wide legs...zipped up the front. She was stylin'!!
I may have to record Oprah's show tomorrow...see how groovy it is!!

Brenda September 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Well I agree, I am not a fan of Oprah's either. I might have to watch if I can find out what time it is on and if it is after work hours. The 60's. I do remember. Mini skirts with patent leather shoes and bags and fishnet stockings to match. I had one Easter dress my mother made, yellow check, yellow shoes, yellow bag and stockings. And I have a picture to prove it. Oh my. Did not have a twister game but did have a holahoop, (have no clue how to spell it). I have been thinking about buying one now because it is suppose to be good exercise. I had huge plastic rollers that you stuck a long pick though. Too funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP