Friday, September 18, 2009

Oops

Everyone knows I am very cheap thrifty. So when it comes to paint, oh please, ya know I am going to be digging in the oops bin!



So let's talk paint. I cannot make a decision because there are too many choices. It is like going into the grocery store to pick up a box of cereal and realize they may have to come and rescue me after I get lost in the sea of choices. One whole isle of cereal. How many boxes do we need? Same goes for paint color.

At Lowe's, I stand in front of all the little paint cards and become dizzy. If I hold onto the nearest counter to steady myself then I can read the names of all the pretty colors. Colors with names such as Morning Breeze, Romantic Isle, and Coastal Mist. Hang on, I'm getting dizzy again just with the names. The names alone can pull you in.

What is a gal to do? Well this gal is not giving up on painting. My solution is to look at the oops paint. And what have I discovered? It narrows my choices, yet I walk away with what I want and need. And all for $5.00.

This morning, though, Lowe's had all their oops paint for $10. Hmm...let's go to Home Depot. Yes, two gallons at $5.00 each. And I didn't get dizzy!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

4 Blessed Comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter September 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Wow great idea! Guess the oops cans are getting popular. That's always what happens when they raise the prices :-(

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Jane September 18, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

So what project do you have up your sleeve with your oops paint?
Picking a paint color is always a challenge for me. We had to paint the outside of our house last spring. I bought so many small cans of different paint at Sherwin Williams trying to find the "perfect" color (which I did finally find). I just sold all the cans at my garage sale today....somebody got a great deal on several colors of paint!!

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood September 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Jocelyn-I'm wondering if oops paint will soon become extinct due to the samples you can now buy.
Jane-I will start painting where I knocked the hole in the wall. Good place to start. LOL! And we also painted the outside of our house last spring. We did grey with black shutters and doors with white trim.

Anny September 18, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

My Lowes started marking their paint up to! At $10 its almost the same cost as the cheapest, no frills paint cans :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP