Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh Be Still My Heart

So Are the Days of My Life

Scene I - Tool Man comes through the front door after working all day to find his wife in the kitchen starting dinner. "Let's hop in the truck. There's some good stuff on the curb," he says. She turns toward him and asks "Where?"
"Just down the street. We need to go now. It won't last long." Sensing his urgency and that it must be really good she agrees while thinking that it is still light out and what will the neighbors think. Tool Man then tells her not to worry. He will gather it up. She could stay in the truck. 


Scene II - She is looking out the truck window as he slows down to show her his find. "Oh my gosh!" she shouts as hopping out of the truck and running up to the treasure. He is nodding while picking it up, "I knew you would have to have this." She, I mean me, loved the curbside find.
Thank you Tool Man! You're my hero!
THE END


I'm not sure what this piece actually is. It is lined in glass, very heavy, and the size of a large fish tank. Nothing is wrong with it except it had a top at one time. It has two doors that swing open in the front. So what do ya think?


Look at this sewing machine that just came into my possession! Imagine my surprise when I opened it up to find this beautiful vintage aqua color.


Oh, be still my heart! This was my Grandmother's machine and it is to go to my oldest daughter. Lucky girl!!!

I've joined some parties today over at Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh and at Vintage Thingies Thursday with Suzanne. Go on over and sit a spell!

I extend an invitation to you to become a Follower here at Lakewood. Remember...big announcement soon and you will want to be the first to know. If you become a follower, I will be so grateful and will do the same for you. Go ahead…it won’t hurt at all! Take the Time to Plant Some Roots!

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

16 Blessed Comments:

Kimberly Cherrine-Bell aka. greenhoneyhive September 10, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

I just found a machine a couple of weeks ago curbside crawling almost like this but no vintage aqua, just plain brown. that colors just makes you WANT to sew and put on some oldies and go for it. love it.

black eyed susans kitchen September 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

That sewing machine is so cool! Does it work? The fishtank thing might be something like a Victorian Vitrine. When i saw it, I came up with several ideas. It would make a beautiful terrarium. It would also be pretty with a collection of something in it, or filled with vintage Christmas ornaments. You could have a piece of glass cut for the top, or a thin piece of marble. Thanks for getting my imagination going so early this morning.

PonderandStitch September 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Hi! Wow, that curbside treasure is amazing..how are you going to use it? And the sewing machine!!! AHHHH! It's my favorite color and I'm SO jealous!! Following you now; you have a lovely blog!

the wild raspberry September 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

that piece looks like a tiny conservatory..you should fill it with plants and cloches....
gorgeous!

chasity

Caro @ Thrifty n Curbside Treasures September 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

It looks like it was a greenhouse maybe?

Looks cool!
Curbside shopping is the best! My blog is full of it ;)

Oh and the place where I spend my summers, in VT, is called Lakewood :)

Coloradolady September 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

What a great husband!!! That piece would make a great Quilt storage system. Just add a top and you are good. My what you could do with that piece. Love it!! The sewing machine is a dream, love the color.
Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

Keetha Broyles September 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I want to see what you are going to DO with the glass case on a metal frame - - -

LV September 10, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

That is really a cool blue sewing machine. I do not recall seeing one like it. You have a real nice treasure.

Jane September 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

First I have to say your husband is the best because he not only knew you would love the curbside treasure but he also drove you there to collect it!!! Kudos to him. I like the idea too of using it for display. I can picture different items displayed at different heights on old stacked books or boxes.
I recently purchased a sewing machine in a wood cabinet at a thrift store for $5.98. Cabinet is in great shape but the sewing machine is not nearly as cool as the one you got.

Leigh of Bloggeritaville September 10, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Great finds! LOve the sentimental sewing machine! And that first piece, I would guess a terrium? How pretty! And of course, I am a follower.Thanks for linking up in Thrifty Thursday this week!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Patti September 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

I'm anxious to see what you do with the glass case...quite an interesting piece.......I can imagine a glass shelf inside with a beautiful piece of wood on it's top...then you could display and showcase special photos, treasures, etc inside.....and I especially love your photo of Granmother R....the image brings back memories of Christmases years ago!!

Cass @ That Old House September 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

Your husband is a prince among men! A keeper, that's for sure.

The glass case is interesting -- it could almost be a Wardian case, or terrarium --- if you had a piece of glass made for the top, you could have quite a large indoor garden in it, with almost no maintenance! The Victorians did this all the time-- a Dr. Ward invented them quite by accident, but they became popular -- victorian interiors were cold, drafty -- not good places for most house plants.

Or -- the quilt suggestion is a good one, too. :-)

Cass

mannequin September 11, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Oh my gosh! You are so lucky to have an accomplice in trash pickin'. Mine speeds up and pretends as though there is nowhere to pull over.
I think it would make a gorgeous terrarium, like black eyed susan suggests. Do show us what you do with it!

The sewing machine is absolutely darling. Why did they make things so much nicer then?

The Persimmon Perch September 11, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Beautiful conversation piece! I love it. And what a treasure you have in the sewing machine!

Becky September 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

I pretty much second what everyone else said. Such a great Hubby and what a find. Can I be your oldest daughter? ;)

And thanks, I like my new look too.

Do I have your real e-mail? Mine's beckysews [at] hotmail [dot] com

SueLovesCherries September 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Oh, what fun that "fish tank" is going to be! I can just see it filled with seasonal vignettes or displays - like a department store window!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP