Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Again!!!

I wondered...to post or not to post. It is Monday. I post every day of the week excluding Saturday and Sunday. But today is Labor Day. Does that really make a difference? Heck no! My brain is on overload with projects, rearranging, redecorating, an upcoming shop, a really cool announcement, etc, etc, etc...

As a person with undiagnosed ADD, but really & truly know I have it, my head is spinning and I am going in all directions. So where to begin? I decided I had to start rearranging the house. I am knocking out a wall this coming Saturday to make an extension of the kitchen. Will it really be part of the kitchen? Um, let's  just say I'm calling it Cindy's nook. You know how some have a breakfast nook? Well, I don't need one. What I need is an area that is my library, displays my vintage clothing, holds my big old wicker chairs, and allows me to be me. When the weather is beautiful, I have the great outdoors to be me. When winter hits, I need a warm and cozy place to be inspired.

I also need a craft room. Thank goodness for having bedrooms that no longer need to serve that purpose. So I chose one this weekend to be the area to create messes in. And it is no coincidence it is the last room down the hall. And there is another room that is not serving us well here at Lakewood. It is the tiny room that barely holds Tool Man's computer. I want that as a big closet for storage. I think he is okay with that. He said he would help move his things. Such a good man!

So here I am pushing and shoving, and shoving and pushing everything in the house to a new location. I don't have anything better to do! When I'm done I'll have a new nook for me, a storage closet, and a craft room. I'm a person who has to have some organization in order to function. Then I'll be able to work on those projects, I will be able to redecorate my home, I will be able to open my shop, and I will be ready for that big announcement. Life at Lakewood is good.

So it's Monday again. And it is Labor Day...in more ways than one.

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

4 Blessed Comments:

Jane September 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Sounds like you are going to be one busy girl today!! Good luck with all of your projects....don't forget to take before, during and after pictures so we can watch the transformation (and I'm not trying to add another item to your to do list :-) !!) Happy Labor Day.

Elise September 7, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Oh WOW, this is so clever - you have the most gorgeous site here and I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

Becky September 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Oh Cindy! It all sounds great! I had a craft room til the youngest moved back home. Love having her here for a while but miss "my" room. You are gonna love all the re-arranging when it's done.

Embellished Bayou September 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

I'm sure all your hardwork will pay off and you'll be happy with all your new spaces! Can't wait to see!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP