Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knock It Out!

That wall! It has to go! Let's knock it out! September 12 is the day! And yes, I have it marked on the calendar. I needed a commitment from Tool Man since he won't let me do it on my own. I mean, what's up with that? :) Actually, I prefer us being a team when it comes to big projects. I'll just have to be prepared with band-aids and ice. Tool Man can sometimes get carried away. Not to worry, it's always minor.

  
We have demolished walls before. This will be our third time. It must be in my genes. I have memories of walls tumbling down when I was a little girl. See the picture to the left of Grandma R? She started it all. I was really small when she had a few friends come and knock down her LR/DR wall. See the picture above? This picture was taken some years later and right where the couch is, was the location of the former wall. That is me on the couch with my doll. My, this picture is old. 

The wall demolition was quite a production and I have very vivid memories of it all. Grandma prepared a special seating just for me to witness the grand event. She pulled out a little child's table and chair, brought out the tiny dishes, and my stuffed animals. I was going to have a tea party off to the side and the demolition was to be the entertainment for the day. I even remember Grandma covering my head with a bandanna so I wouldn't get dust in my hair.

So I really believe I come by this naturally. I'm looking forward to September 12. I hope to share with you if I remember to take pictures. Now where did I put my hammer and my bandanna...

3 Blessed Comments:

RainGardener September 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

How exciting. Now don't forget to take those pictures after getting us all pumped up! :-)

Jane September 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Loved your story about your grandma having a few friends over and demolishing a wall! Look forward to seeing the before and after pictures of your big project.

PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood September 2, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Thanks ladies! I think I'll put a post-it note on the wall - "Camera first, Hammer second".
Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP