Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cold Hands Syndrome


It's cold here! No really...it is! I don't do well when I'm chilled to the bone. I start piling clothes on and still have the cold hands syndrome'. It took me by surprise actually. I know. Fall is upon us. It is bound to happen, but I live in KY. I like the warmer climate here compared to my former residence in northern Ohio. Family in Ohio says they didn't even get a real summer this year. Guess the weather has been crazy all over.

I grabbed a sweater to go out and evaluate the garden. It is time. Time to clean it up and out. It makes me sad to do so. No more going out to see what is ripe and ready. No more determining what's for supper based on what just came out of the garden. And no more fresh, can't get that taste anywhere else except from one's own, garden produce. And what really stinks is that my grocery bill will now go up. Putting in a little work equals many advantages that cannot be ignored. In fact, a bigger and better garden is planned and will be prepared for next spring's arrival. I can't wait! Now where did I put those gloves... 

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

7 Blessed Comments:

ClassyChassy September 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Kind of sorrow-filled! No more this, no more that - but - Next spring WILL come, and then the work and fun begins anew!!! Have a great day!

Farmgirl Cyn September 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Oh dear. I feel your pain. It is chilly here in West Michigan, with the high today around 56. Sweater weather, fer sure. And the garden looks skanky. I don't know where half my potato plants are. And the tomatoes suffered nearly all season with "the blight". I look forward to next year!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville September 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

I was cold all morning...but here it is only in the 60's, but round these parts thats cold. Now, afternoon and I am sweating, Thats fall in Alabama. Cute kitty int eh garden.

Jane September 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

It was chilly here in Kansas City this morning but it warmed up to a beautiful 70 degree day. Where in Northern Ohio did you live...I lived in Ohio and traveled all of N. Ohio when I first got out of college (many moons ago!)...ended up living in Ohio for 12 years...met my hubby there (he grew up in Massillon). We got back there this summer to visit his mother...my son finally got to Cedar Point and he LOVED it!! Have a great afternoon.
Jane

Martha September 29, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Great pictures and I am so happy it's only 80 degrees here in LA instead of 100!!

headchange September 30, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Yep it's very cold here I miss the 90's from last week.
Not liking this at all. Time to build a fire maybe.

Becky September 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Getting chilly here in Mid-NC but I LOVE it!!! Gotta clean up my gardens too :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP