Tuesday, September 22, 2009

60's Review



Some of you asked if I took the time to watch Oprah's retro show of the 60's. Well, I was working very hard yesterday on all my piles. And fortunately, some of the mess was in the living room so I could sort in front of the tv.

I loved that the audience dressed appropriately for the show. There were quite a few Jackie Kennedy look alikes. My fave was the lady in the front row with her blue dress, little white sweater, and gloves. Very cute. And the hats! What happened ladies? We no longer wear hats. I have a passion for hats and wear them. I enjoy hats more in cooler weather and have recently acquired a vintage burgundy hat that will keep me warm this winter. Wear a hat and make a statement!

Oprah's staff hit it on the head with their format. I felt I was watching a show from the 60's from the set up right up to the announcer. They compared prices, showed popular products, and who can forget the commercials with slogans we can still remember.

I did not realize that the doll, Chatty Cathy, had a price tag of $16.00. Wow, that was expensive for those times. The other thing that took me by surprise was that mascara came out in a tube in the 60's. What? I was not at the age to wear makeup until the 70's. So what did mascara come in before a tube. Was there mascara? Anyone know?

Music from the 60's makes me move to the beat. It was just plain fun back then. I wish Oprah's show would have showcased original artists. That was a big negative for me. Still, certain dances did come to mind...the jerk, the swim, the pony, and the freddie to name a few.

So overall, it was fun to relive the 60's for an hour. Do I really want to go back? Not really, but it is fun to visit for a little while. 

Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

2 Blessed Comments:

Jane September 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Enjoyed the recap of Oprah's 60's show. I wonder if everyone just wore false eyelashes before mascara became popular?? I love 60's music too.....somedays I can't remember where I put my keys but I can always remember words to those songs!!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations September 24, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

I watched the Oprah 60's show. I was surprised that mascara came in a tube in the 60's. Thinking back, I remember that it came in a little compact like eye shadow and had a teeny brush. You rubbed the brush in in the black stuff and applied it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP